just broke up a guitar catfight.. now what do I do?

I went through an experience with a bad spot on a Les Paul once. It was up by the pickup selector switch and I had to look at it all the time. There's a slight OCD I think I deal with sometimes. I got my nitro from stewmac , fixed it ALMOST perfect. I tried to sand it just a little better at a later date, sanded through the stain , and had to sand the whole top down , restain , and nitro it. Was a 2004 ice tea standard , now it's a beautiful lemonburst. Not an easy job. Lol. It hangs on a wall now like artwork. My used 08 Axcess has small dings , but , because of where they are , and how small they are , they don't bother me. I've even sanded the neck down to bare wood and love it like that.
For me it depends on the size and location of the damage , and the guitar it's on , for it to bother me.
The refinish job was kind of therapy. Made me look at marks on other guitars after and say ,...... nah , I'm not touching THAT one.

I’d recommend living with it. The PRS, pictured in my avatar, was damaged the first time I gigged with it. Like you, I was feeling a bit low at first but quickly remembered that the guitars with the most battle scars were my favorites – signs of paying my dues. Heck, a custom shop would charge big bucks to “relic” it. At least, the chip represents your history instead some guy in a guitar factory. And…when you’re famous, collectors will bid higher for this one. :)

Back
Top Bottom