Just bought my Axe FX II!

Brandon

Hello all,

I just purchased my Axe FX II direct from FAS over the weekend. I just got the notice it shipped today. I am on the waiting list for the MFC.

I wanted to thank all of you who make up this awesome community. It's a big investment for me, I'm just a guy that likes to hack away at guitar and music. I'm not gigging right now, but have played in cover bands in the past and hope to when my life allows it going forward. I love good tone, have built tube amps, have owned some cool amps, but it seems I always want a little of this and a little of that in terms of tone and setup etc. Thanks to a lot of your demos on the forum and postings on youtube, I was able to make what I feel is a great decision in buying the axe fx.

I'm spending more time practicing and learning from online sources. I use Logic Studio, have Superior Drummer 2.1 and it just seems like it will be easier to sit down, practice along to web lessons, jam using jamtracks online or stuff I create in Logic and record with the Axe FX. Ease of use, sound quality, flexibility, options, it just seems like I couldn't go wrong.

I can tell there is a learning curve and a lot to figure out, but it seems intuitive. I know I'll have questions as a noob, but I don't want to be a drain. Please let me know how a new member of the forum can contribute and help out. I'd love to pitch in how I can as I learn how to use this amazing tool.

One question, how many of you own the MFC? I'm not gigging out and don't really feel like I "need it" right now, but I'd save $100 buying it now via the holiday promotion. Any advice?

Thanks again,
Brandon

Hello all,

I just purchased my Axe FX II direct from FAS over the weekend. I just got the notice it shipped today. I am on the waiting list for the MFC.

I wanted to thank all of you who make up this awesome community. It's a big investment for me, I'm just a guy that likes to hack away at guitar and music. I'm not gigging right now, but have played in cover bands in the past and hope to when my life allows it going forward. I love good tone, have built tube amps, have owned some cool amps, but it seems I always want a little of this and a little of that in terms of tone and setup etc. Thanks to a lot of your demos on the forum and postings on youtube, I was able to make what I feel is a great decision in buying the axe fx.

I'm spending more time practicing and learning from online sources. I use Logic Studio, have Superior Drummer 2.1 and it just seems like it will be easier to sit down, practice along to web lessons, jam using jamtracks online or stuff I create in Logic and record with the Axe FX. Ease of use, sound quality, flexibility, options, it just seems like I couldn't go wrong.

I can tell there is a learning curve and a lot to figure out, but it seems intuitive. I know I'll have questions as a noob, but I don't want to be a drain. Please let me know how a new member of the forum can contribute and help out. I'd love to pitch in how I can as I learn how to use this amazing tool.

One question, how many of you own the MFC? I'm not gigging out and don't really feel like I "need it" right now, but I'd save $100 buying it now via the holiday promotion. Any advice?

Thanks again,
Brandon
Congrats on your purchase,first of all you're going to love the Fractal for sure man :).
I think you'll enjoy it as much as most of us do. I have the MFC-101 and I think now it's a must.
The new scenes feature has made having a foot controller a must have,because now you can create
8 snapshots within one preset,meaning 1 preset can have within it 8 presets. Once you program everything
It will make switching from cleans to distortion,to dry channels,to wet channels without any latency and I think
that is amazing to have in a recording environment and live as well.

You will be at so much ease. Using Scenes on the Axe-Fx II and MFC-101 - YouTube
This should help you out :)
Cheers and enjoy the Axe FxII.

Last edited:
FAS will put you on the waiting list for the MFC and you can still cash in on the holiday savings. I'm in the dreaded waiting pool for it as well. I have had my Axe FX 2 for a few months w/o the mfc and was fine but I'm sure jones'n for it now!!

it just seems like I couldn't go wrong.

Ahh... there's always plenty of scope to go way wrong!
laughing.gif

Enjoy it Brandon - awesome bit of kit
thumbsup.gif

Ahh... there's always plenty of scope to go way wrong!
laughing.gif

Haha, so true.

Thank you all for the replies and advice. I am on the waiting list. I guess if it takes a couple months that wouldn't be the worst thing so long as I still get the discount. In the meanwhile, I'll check out the tutorials you've posted.

Happy playing.

Back
Top Bottom