Just bought a pair of JBL SRX812P speakers for my axe fx

Keith White

Experienced
So if anyone was looking for great high quality powered frfr cabs for their axe fx look no further. Whew. Just bought a pair of JBL SRX812P speakers. Unbelievable power and tone. They are $1200 each but They can handle anything you put into them. No low end flutter and crisp highs that bring out the synth sounds and effects.
I was using a pair of mackie DLM12s but one blew up so i decided on these. The mackies didnt sound the best by themselves but had a tone that really cut through
the mix in a band situation. I was going to buy atomic wedges but they are NEVER in stock on their website

Those have been on my radar for a good while, but at just about 60 pounds each, I've pass over them. Would love to hear how they sound with F# tuned bass - the -3dB point is at 48Hz, so it's got to be pretty good.

Yeah they are heavy but for me that means quality. Not sure about the low tuning but for standard tuning or drop d half step down they are amazing

I got a trolley, the weight of a single srx812 doesn't bother me anymore.

+1 being happy with the sound of these. I tend to run only one (mono), but might set up a pair if I can be bothered the next gig.

IMAG0676.jpg

Back
Top Bottom