Just bought a Fryette Power Station

Well, those ifs were exactly the circumstances the person who asked the question described. Except maybe for the loud part where it's hard to be certain what exactly this means. But that's exactly why I said I thought the Matrix was a safer option.

So ..... pair it with a 2x12 cab in an average bar gig or small club with vocal only PA and a drum kit and it will cut it?

What about the line in sensitivity? The Axe-FX outputs can go pretty high .... is there an input clip indicator on the Fryette?

So ..... pair it with a 2x12 cab in an average bar gig or small club with vocal only PA and a drum kit and it will cut it?

There's certainly enough power for that. Whether it has enough clean headroom or not is up for debate. Whether you'll like it or not with the Axe - that's up for you to see. Many people do like it. I didn't.

No indicators on the line in, but Ive not noticed any input clipping. My AFX patch output just touched 0db in the utility menus and I ru the AFX full on the volumes. And yes, It is loud enough for small clubs/pubs un-mic'd. Its exactly how I use mine - into a Zilla 2x12 (one V30 and one G12-70 Creamback) with only vocals through the PA. WE run 2 guitars (the other uses a Delux Reverb) and keys as well as drums and bass. The AFX/PS combo in that situation has volume to spare int eh pubs/clubs I play.

RE settings,, agree with Yek. Presence and Depth fully CCW. Its tempting to push them up - particularly the presence as it sounds great - BUT compared to my Machete, and another couple of amps Ive A/Bdit with, Fully CCW puts the AFX sims closest to the real amps. That said, as an attenuator - but on unity gain - I found with a Buxom Betty, the 21match" was both at around 10-11 o'clock - so its quite possible to use those settings as well without being far off the mark,

Hey guys,

I am the proud owner of the PS-2 unit for a couple of weeks now however I've had an issue with it after around 1 hour of playing...so I decided to contact the Fryette support. Just to let you know, I decided to purchase it to use it with my axe FX II XL and with my vintage Plexi Marshall amp as well (I don't have any FX loop).

Here is the initial message I sent to FRYETTE :

I did purchase a nice PS-2 a couple of week ago and was playing through it today for +/- 1 hour without problem when suddenly the attenuation went away whereas the OPERATE button was already switched !! So imagine playing at a bedroom level and one second after cranked up...it was extremely loud (by the way my 50W Marshall head is cranked it up).

So I immediately switched off my marshall head by thinking it was the problem but it was not...

The PS-2 settings were on mode "ON + OPERATE". What happened ?

I then switched to BYPASS then back again to OPERATE, no attenuation at all.

I turned both units off, waited a couple of minutes and then turned them on again...and the attenuation was working ! How could it be explained ?

I checked the main fuse, no problem.
The PS-2 is perfectly set with the right Ohm for amp and speaker.

Have you ever noticed that kind of issue in the past ? I can assure you that I made a leap from attenuated sound to NOT attenuated sound. I don't understand why this happened. The only thing I know is that I don't want my PS-2 to do that again.

Please let me know if I need to check something.

Here is the FRYETTE's reply :

Thank you for contacting Fryette Amplification.
Check to make sure your AC line voltage did not drop.
Are you on an outlet that is maybe also being used by an air conditioner, bass amp or PA?
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Dave

Here is my feedback :

Hi Dave,

The situation is the following one.

I have a furman power conditionner where many units (sound Card, loudspeaker simulator, Voodoo power units, vintage delays) are plugged PS-2 included.

The furman is plugged to a power strip itself plugged to an electric outlet on the wall.

So on this power strip, I have my Marshall head, a PA (which was not plugged when the issue has arrived) and the furman electric outlet.

What do you reckon ? Is this plugging an issue for the PS-2 unit ?

No feedback from Fryette as from now whereas I sent to them twice the above message...let's carry on to keep fingers crossed.

What do you think about the situation ? I haven't used it since the issue...maybe fearing that this issue might come back again.
Do you guys already notice something similar ?

Thanks for your help !
Johann

Turn Presence and Depth fully CCW.
Set the switches to FLAT.
Use LINE IN to connect the Axe-Fx or AX8.
Select the correct speaker impedance.
Do you use Hi or Lo on the input level selector?

Back
Top Bottom