Just because I own an AxeFXII, doesn't mean I can't still be stupid......

rnjscooter

Power User
Geez guys, I am a freakin idiot here. I can't get past the on button. I am reading the owners manual from the top and want to do what it says...........

A full-range system is the most flexible and versatile, but it is not for everyone. Another great way to use the AX8 is through a power amp connected to traditional guitar speakers.

IMPORTANT: For this setup, please disable CAB MODELING under GLOBAL SETTINGS.

• Open the GLOBAL menu (press SETUP followed by Footswitch 1) and find the SETTINGS page.

• NAV to CABINET MODELING and then use VALUE to select “OFF”.

• Depending on your amp, you may also wish to set POWER AMP MODELING to “OFF”. Let your ears

decide.

• Press EXIT twice to return to the Footswitch Page.

NOTE: Instead of disabling cab modeling, you could also bypass or remove the CAB block in every preset.

There is no setup button. there is a setup with a line that goes down to the shift lock button, but when I press that button and F1 all my switches start blinking. how I would find the settings page from here is anyones guess. Sorry I am being so stupid. I know my XL inside and out, but I refuse to just spin dials when I don't know what I am doing. Thanks everyone.............

ok, apparently I am a noob now. So......

ƒ SHIFT – The SHIFT key gives every button a second function. Press and hold
page16image6248
for SHIFT LOCK. ƒ SETUP (Shift+Store) – opens the SETUP menus (which you select from using footswitches).

whether I press and hold, or just press, either way one I hit the store button, it brings me to the set up. Doing what it says in my first post... couldn't tell ya how to get to the "global" menu, and pressing F1 like it says in my first post uses all my switches to flash again.

Clueless.......

so, I guess I figured out how to get there, but I'll never know why it says to press F1, overtime I do once in set up mode, all switches start blinking

Shift + Store is Setup
then use the Nav or E dial to select Global, IO, or Utility
then use Enter to open the selected menu
or from the setup menu , press footswitch 1 for Global (not F1).

Now I am here. And when I press F2...... Nothing. I don't know why the manual is saying to press these buttons when in setup mode. The only one that does anything is F1 and it seems to take you out of set up as soon as you press 1-8

Press SETUP; Press footswitch 2 for the I/O menu; Turn to the LEVELS page.

Turn E/NAV to select INSTRUMENT INPUT PAD. Change this setting to 0dB, 6dB, 12dB or 18dB based on the output level of your guitar. Be aware that as you increase this PAD setting you also increase the noise floor, so set it as low as possible.

Also have learned that the enter button does not work if the shift lock is on... I hate being a noob... As You can see I get extremely frustrated when the manual says one thing and the device is doing something else....

Shift + Store is Setup
then use the Nav or E dial to select Global, IO, or Utility
then use Enter to open the selected menu

Thanks, ya figured that out. I don't know for the life of me why the manual consistently says to press F1 F2 or F3

It doesn't say press F1, it says press Footswitch 1, which is the first button on the left, bottom row. F1 is Function Switch 1.

It doesn't say press F1, it says press Footswitch 1, which is the first button on the left, bottom row. F1 is Function Switch 1.

ahhhhhhhhhhh. Ok, like I said, I am a noob on the AX8. Thanks so much! So I am putting the manual down and taking it for a spin everyone, sorry for the rant!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom