Just about to give up with my CLR

Would still be very helpful if you could post a clip of your patches. Or I guess if you're done with to you just are, but we've all been sort of shooting in the dark with trying to help.

I agree if hearing yourself and fitting in the mix is your problem, that will most likely happen with any setup. I think the HBE and BE models are quite prone to getting lost in the mix. Such a deep sounding amp. I often have a hard time with my HBE patches too. Reading all of this makes me realize I need to playback with my band playing. Luckily I have some live multi track recordings I'll be able to use.

I wouldn't give up on the CLR for this reason alone. NO harm in trying a poweramp/cab though either. Just remember though your tone going through the CLR is as close to what FOH is hearing and having to EQ as well... In other words poweramp cab may help you but it might not help what the audience is hearing.

I have a really really heavy hitting drummer and had no issues being heard with a GT1000fx into a single Matrix Q12, in fact it sounds amazing (even better when I hook up the second one).

My advice is to start with everything at their default settings.

Crank up louder than you need. And see where your EQ is at.

Do this before making a single tweak.

Often small adjustments of the tone stack have big consequences once you are playing loud.

So crazy because thru my computer via USB, that is one of the sweetest amps in the Axe-FX II.

At what volume though? I agree... when I'm playing in headphones or at lower volumes with my CLRs the Friedman amps are some of my favorites. They sing. I like them a little less if I am turned up really loud. I still like them, but less. I have to pull the gain, treble and bass down quite a lot, and then they are not in their sweet spot (to me... YMMV. )

Back
Top Bottom