Just a thought/complaint

KorRay

I know that the MFC edit is a separate entity from Fractal even though Fractal boosts it as the official editing software for their MFC. But why not include the editor with a new MFC purchase? It'd almost be like Fractal making its uers pay for Axe Edit after buying a unit. Just my thoughts.

If the MFC wasn't $700 and maybe a little cheaper I could maybe justify. But I spent $3,300.00 and didn't even get a cable to connect the XL+ to the MFC... KPA and Line6 at least provide an ethernet cable haha

Fractal is giving you so much more then the competition for what there units cost, the price of the edit(that is helpful but not necessary, and not made by Fractal) is minor I feel. If you want free editors and cables, but not get any real updates for your product after you buy it, buy all means buy the other products.

I have friends with both the KPA and the Helix and they update like FAS. Community's are just as strong as ours. Just making an observation. Obviously it's not a deal breaker. If it was I wouldn't have dumped my retirement into.

There is another way of looking at it also since you mentioned Line 6. I don't know if they still do this but when I had some of there products (POD XT) they use to have effect bundles at I believe $50 a pop. And I remember spending in the neighborhood of $150 to basically unlock the unit so it was fully functional.

John

Back
Top Bottom