Just a Simple observation

badmagick

Inspired
First of all...
Yes sonically awesome. I knew what I was getting. Just want to give some end user feedback (applies to FM3 as well, since I own 2 of them).
We all know all these products are absolute beasts when it comes to tone.

Because I know Fractal listens to constructive thoughts...

One thing that sticks out to me for a floor board is the high profile of the knobs.

From a standpoint of reliability, I would probably consider future iterations to have knobs that do not stick out quite as close of a height as the foot switches (the lower the profile the better). I would imagine most people don't need the knobs to be ~3/4" above the surface of the board. For instance, the main "Value" encoder knob could be more low profile and and have an indent for a finger turn instead fo gripping the whole knob. I pulled the knob off one of the encoders and I don't have the option to use a lower profile knob. The the stem is the full length of the knob. I could cut it down, I suppose, but that would surely void the warrantee.

Would this stop me from buying this product? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and it didn't)

Just offering my thoughts on this one aspect...

Think about the physical profile of Out 1 & 2 on the FM3. Apply that that to the rest of the encoders...
If people wanted to have higher knobs, they can easily add them. Other way around is a little more difficult.

Anyway, enjoy! Great product! Wait, no. Awesome product!

Side story...
Years ago, when I took delivery of my Ultra, there was a bow in the cover. I called support. Cliff answered. He gave me the fix.
And then he hung on the phone and we chatted for a bit. The fact that this happened has always endeared fractal to me. Ownership!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom