just a little note....it's not too late for a change

PacoCasanovasOld

Fractal Fanatic
Since summer 2008, I'm a proud user of the axefx standard along with an MFC101 (since 2011). This weekend I had the opportunity trying out the new AxeFx II myself for some days and was able to blow it trough a Matrix Q12a FRFR-speaker. This was pure magic - what a feel, what a sonic improvement!!! Just trying out three new amp models - TwoStone, HotKitty and SuperVerb - all very deep edited by myself (will upload my test patches to Axechange soon)

I dumped all my prejudices within seconds to minutes so I quickly ordered the new box - and within the next few days, I'll be a proud owner of an all new AxeFx II Mk2 :D

@ Cliff: You nailed it! Damn.....what a nice thing!

Cheers
Paco

It means more Effects updates and less noodling around with Amps and Cabs.

It seems to me now that cabs are the weakest link now but that could (and probably will) change soon as Cliff was just in the studio shooting new IRs! The Axe is great now & will only continue to get better.

Hopefully it means that after v10 drops, Cliff can take a vacation.....

The man dose deserve a long and well earned vacation to some place on the planet that is warm and inviting. But you have to admit it is a valid question based on the post. I mean if it is getting harder to make noticeable improvements with respect to tone and feel then one would think that G2 tech is almost mature and it would be time to focus on something else. Effects or U/I other products IDK.

The man dose deserve a long and well earned vacation to some place on the planet that is warm and inviting. But you have to admit it is a valid question based on the post. I mean if it is getting harder to make noticeable improvements with respect to tone and feel then one would think that G2 tech is almost mature and it would be time to focus on something else. Effects or U/I other products IDK.

Haha start a donation service? I mean, if every member here gave, 10 smacks, he could go on a pretty badass vavaction.

V9 is good. V10 is better. It's getting to the point of diminishing returns. Lots of effort for small increases in accuracy.

Maybe it's time to move on to the fx section, IMHO there some room for growth. I think improvement in accuracy of the drive block, whas and fx models can really put the axe over the top of whatever is on the market, even though it already is the top in a lot of ways.

I am not putting words in the man's mouth but. He has said there is a plenty of room in the box for more amps and cabs. To me the post only means that less time will be spent trying to get it from right to more right in terms of the modeling. Once he has it down to a science and streamlines his approach he will be able to model better, faster. More Ir's and impedance data is always welcome too

Maybe it's time to move on to the fx section, IMHO there some room for growth. I think improvement in accuracy of the drive block, whas and fx models can really put the axe over the top of whatever is on the market, even though it already is the top in a lot of ways.

It's my understanding (from posts here), that Drive pedals will benefit from Fractal's MIMIC process.

Reallly looking forward to your patches......I am running a Q12A as well, they should translate nicely :)

Since summer 2008, I'm a proud user of the axefx standard along with an MFC101 (since 2011). This weekend I had the opportunity trying out the new AxeFx II myself for some days and was able to blow it trough a Matrix Q12a FRFR-speaker. This was pure magic - what a feel, what a sonic improvement!!! Just trying out three new amp models - TwoStone, HotKitty and SuperVerb - all very deep edited by myself (will upload my test patches to Axechange soon)

I dumped all my prejudices within seconds to minutes so I quickly ordered the new box - and within the next few days, I'll be a proud owner of an all new AxeFx II Mk2 :D

@ Cliff: You nailed it! Damn.....what a nice thing!

Cheers
Paco

V9 is good. V10 is better. It's getting to the point of diminishing returns. Lots of effort for small increases in accuracy.

I'm starting to be of the mind, that with FW10, it would be ok to let the amp section be for now, at least until the next few huge epiphanies can be incorporated in one major revision. There's something to be said for letting the user base learn what they have at this point, I think.

And to anyone who might feel compelled to say "you don't need to upgrade", I add only these things:
a) Resting a while on 10 would allow the community to settle in and start sharing more stuff that isn't all obsolete in three months because everything changed fundamentally again.
b) I'm not saying stop progress. I'm saying the amp section is starting to be "good enough", and perhaps it would be nice to have any other ideas and new features incorporated without having to touch amp sim settings as the amps already sound frigging awesome.

So as not to be misunderstood, I deeply appreciate the FAS model of customer service and especially Cliff's incredible efforts to perfect this already marvelous piece of gear. Two generations of the Axe-Fx easily top my "value for money" list of guitar purchases ever.

Perhaps other Products can be worked upon .If 10 really is the best it can get for a while and is stable .then some of that tech maybe can be ported to other things

Unprecedented!
The customers actually are telling the producer to stop improving the item, because is "perfect".
You guys at Fractal should be proud of yourselfs. You're making history at so many levels...
Job well done!

The FX are excellent already, and if nothing else changes I am still loving my setup more than anything else I have owned or played through. In the nothing is perfect category, I have done all I can to get a really great Talk Box (think Livin on a Prayer) patch, and while it certainly is passable in a live setting it really lacks something when compared to the original - the growl, or human breath, or something. Yes - I realize that was in a studio with a talk box and hundreds of $$k of processing gear. I still struggle with my Wah settings, but I am convinced that is my lack of tweaking skills.

If Cliff and Team hadn't raised the bar so high already, I wouldn't even comment. No idea if that kind of thing can even be done, but if it can they can do it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom