Just a heads up! win 10 x64 OS update trashed USB drv

Solarfire

Experienced
Just a heads up call:

After an auto update of win 10 x64, AxeEdit nor CabLab would connect with the AFII anymore.

Rebooting didn’t help!

A reinstall of the USB driver did the trick!

Damned windows sometimes, don’t think it’s just win 10 related, I’ve had this back on win 7 x64 also occasionally after OS updates!

Just a heads up call:

After an auto update of win 10 x64, AxeEdit nor CabLab would connect with the AFII anymore.

Rebooting didn’t help!

A reinstall of the USB driver did the trick!

Damned windows sometimes, don’t think it’s just win 10 related, I’ve had this back on win 7 x64 also occasionally after OS updates!

i reinstalled driver and it didnt fix the issue. dam it all!! WHAT NOW!

i reinstalled driver and it didnt fix the issue. dam it all!! WHAT NOW!
I had the same thing. Had to re-install it twice in two days. Now it works. I had to go in and find the pace file for ilok and uninstall then reinstall ilok and Cab-Lab then my Ax drivers again. What a pain!

I had the same thing. Had to re-install it twice in two days. Now it works. I had to go in and find the pace file for ilok and uninstall then reinstall ilok and Cab-Lab then my Ax drivers again. What a pain!

you should have to do that eh. Its a job for Fractal, i hope they come up with a fix soon eh

Same issue here with Windows 10 x64 and Quantum 1.06 and AxeEdit 3.4.0. The port shows as connected (green ticks) in AxeEdit settings, as does the indicator in the top left, but the preset is blank and I get various timeout messages on startup. The instructions above don't fix.

Same USB cable works fine from my iMac (can't take that to rehearsal though). The USB ports on my laptop work ok with other devices.

The same happened to me 3 days ago. I still haven't solved it, was going to reinstall the driver tonight as the first thing.

Tried reboots plus driver and AxeEdit reinstalls to no avail. It's odd that the ports are showing connected but nothing else. At first I thought it was a faulty USB cable but eliminated that.

I've had numerous "drop outs", especially if CabLab and AxeEdit are running at the same time. Powering the Axe off/on doesn't help; the computer has to be rebooted. A few weeks ago, the reboot didn't help - I ended up uninstalling / reinstalling the driver.

The Win10 upgrade on my Win8.1 Ultrabook trashed it. Left it unusable. Even after the rollback things never were the same. Somethings still don't work. Just waiting for time to do a full wipe/reinstall of 8.1.

Another lesson learned about being an early adopter. Also a reason I wait until firmware is on at least release.1+ before I update. I've spent too many hours over the years trying to recover from poor implementations. I'd rather just wait and not chance it.

I followed the proper uninstall procedure at ...

http://support.fractalaudio.com/ind...2/0/verify-usb-driver-installation-on-windows

... Which was not what I'd done before (note to self, the instructions are there for a reason). I reinstalled and followed the troubleshooting steps on the above link with the AudioSpyTool and could see the midi interfaces but no midi data i/o. I then swapped to a different USB port and lo and behold it worked and AxeEdit burst into life. Tried a third USB port and it died again. So, one of the three USB Ports on my laptop work with the driver despit the fact all ports work with other peripherals. Remains to be seen if it's stable though.

In the meanwhile I have uninstalled the driver, installed it again and it worked without any problem. My suggestion is a complete uninstall first.

I only hope that it won't happen again with the next Windows update.

Back
Top Bottom