Just a good tune.

Yep, great song... and the drummer is just coolness on a stick
cool.gif
(or pair of sticks as it were...)

It is my considered opinion that the level of talent was higher in those days. Music was in the process of being 'corporatized', but they still recognized that even if you didn't have 'the image', the talent was enough to warrant support. Now we're deluged with a million boy bands, pro-tools warriors, and wanna be songwriters who have one passable song, but the 'look'...so they pair them with a producer (or number of them), and crank out an album of one decent song, and 8 other fillers.

Old guy rant over.

Awesome song.

Now we're deluged with a million boy bands, pro-tools warriors, and wanna be songwriters who have one passable song, but the 'look'...so they pair them with a producer (or number of them), and crank out an album of one decent song, and 8 other fillers.
Don't blame the artists though... blame a hype-fed public who, sadly, expect to suck up nothing more than 'the next big thing' without actually demanding anything more...
shrug.gif

/ageing guy nods knowingly at old guy

laughing.gif

Never seen this track played live... great song. I really enjoyed the drummer's reaction... He had that "Sunshine Smile". :mrgreen

There was a cool movie about Mr. Withers that came out about a year ago called "Still Bill" I think. He's an amazing talent, stopped playing for a long time but came back to help his daughter's career.

There was a cool movie about Mr. Withers that came out about a year ago called "Still Bill" I think. He's an amazing talent, stopped playing for a long time but came back to help his daughter's career.
I did not know any of that. I will have to look and see if I can find the film.
Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom