Just a farewell thanks to Fractal and all the forum users

Try a paleo or vegan diet, anything high in natural foods. There are some studies that indicate this type of diet is perfect for taming or removing inflammation from the body.

From someone who also battles arthritis I hate to hear this. I was at the point where I almost couldn't play and Humira changed my life! It gave me complete control of not only my arthritis but my psoriasis also.....

Man. My heart hurts for you! I hope you can get some slide playing in or something otherwise musically rewarding. Wish I had more than hopes and wishes to give....

So sorry to hear about your problem :-( This is every guitarists worse fear. My heart goes out to you.
All the best to you for the future.
Vinny.

I've got psoriatic arthritis, had periods where it hurt too much for me to play about 10 years ago. Diet and modern medications work wonders! I can play 3-4 hours and be fine. Sometimes it hurts a little, and I try to give it time to rest then.

Main reason I posted was to give you hope that all is not necessarily lost. There are different types and degrees of arthritis, but it's worth fighting it using whatever tools are available if guitar brings you pleasure. Acceptance is important as a last line of defense, but don't make it be your first line!

Hey, Stratman68, if you're not drinking a kale smoothie right now, you're missing out - it literally took four hours for me to feel relief after my first kale smoothie, and i haven't looked back since. Kale (two or three large leaves), banana, 1/2 or 3/4 cup water or almond milk - blend in one of these - Oster My Blend Blender BLSTPB-WBL Review . Try this for a few days and let us all know if you see results... :encouragement: some say it takes a few months, but i got result almost instantly. Add some cabbage to boost the effect of the kale.

Don't sell! Google 'boron arthritis' and 'serrapeptase arthritis'. Depending on the cause of yours, one or both may cure it.

Stratman68, sorry to hear this. +1 on slide guitar playing or anything that will be a creative outlet for you. I've occasionally thought what I would do in a similar situation. I really believe that one would find a way or gravitate towards something that would scratch that itch. I think Jason Becker is a great example. If I couldn't play anymore, I think it would be recording/production. I would need to be around it somehow. Best of luck to you!!

Hey, Stratman68, if you're not drinking a kale smoothie right now, you're missing out - it literally took four hours for me to feel relief after my first kale smoothie, and i haven't looked back since. Kale (two or three large leaves), banana, 1/2 or 3/4 cup water or almond milk - blend in one of these - Oster My Blend Blender BLSTPB-WBL Review . Try this for a few days and let us all know if you see results... :encouragement: some say it takes a few months, but i got result almost instantly. Add some cabbage to boost the effect of the kale.

I eat kale couple of times a week and use only Almond milk-never dairy. But never tried the smoothie. I have a Bella Rocket-great for stuff like this. Guess I need to actually use it :)

I'll give it a shot

Thanks

Sorry to hear this.. best of luck on finding some improvement. I can say that I've been able to lower inflammation considerably in my body through diet (modified paleo). Not easy to do and I've not been completely consistent, but it's worth it to try. Again- good luck to you and hope you get back to playing before too long.

meat and dairy products are the cause of it. We are a vegan bodied creatures, vegan teeth, vegan side to side jaw, vegan stomach, vegan digestive tract, vegan bowel, and only a certain type of protease / protein digesting enzymes, that are very poor at digesting meat and dairy products. Its proven that meat and dairy are the cause of arthritis, thus removing the cause will help stop the progress in its tracks. Then clear waste that has built up around the joints, and take certain oils that take away the pain, and so on and so on. I'm a Doctor / Dietitian / Naturopath if you want some advice. Check out this video here: Foods that Kill : Full presentation. On youtube, its unreal good. The paleo is simply another western try hard at creating a new diet fad, its flawed somewhat, so take a look at this video and i would love to hear back from you.

meat and dairy products are the cause of it.

So authoritative and definitive, this is not the only proponent that may be affecting Stratman... You must be a doctor because your presentation ability and bedside manner align with the personality deficits that plague 90%+ of doctors :lol (humor intended mate).

At any rate, Stratman literally just said he uses Almond milk (great products and good for you). Cow's milk has been linked to many different illnesses including diabetes, which I experience first hand. Once I stopped drinking pasteurized and processed "cow's" milk that breaks down into your body as a foreign sugar, my blood sugars improved.

Stratman - alongside the other great suggestions, make sure you're taking at least 3000 mg of Glucosomine to aide your cartilage strength!

Back
Top Bottom