Jury-rig: Connecting Audio Output from Interface to Axe FX II

Muzick

Experienced
Hey everyone,

We're trying to record some audio on a laptop, but it doesn't have a firewire port, only a USB port.

Since you can use the AXE FX as an audio device in your DAW, would it be possible to route the audio output of the audio interface into the Axe FX II via quarter inch cable, then enable those Inputs in the DAW and monitor that audio?

We're just trying to find immediate options other then buy a firewire interface for the laptop, lol.

Thanks,
Brandon

If you make the AxeFx II the audio device, then you would monitor from the AxeFx II outputs.

It would be the in and out for audio via USB.

If you make the AxeFx II the audio device, then you would monitor from the AxeFx II outputs.

It would be the in and out for audio via USB.

I think I understand what you're saying.

However, we'd like to record several instruments. My current audio interface, Steinberg MR816CSX, would normally do this for me, but the laptop we want to connect it to, does not have a firewire port. Other than buying a firewire adapter for the laptop, is there a way to route the audio coming out of the Steinberg into the Axe FX II so that we can record a single stereo track at least?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom