Jumped Plexi's

alens.jpg

The cliffs of Dover, Yngwie and machinehead factory presets all use the jumped plexis and sound sickkkkk. I used the jumped 50 from the YNGWIE preset live and it was awesome. But I think I like the jumped 100 more. The cliffs of Dover factory preset is the closest to EJ tone I’ve ever felt

Those are, arguably, the most recorded amps in the history of rock. And in a
diverse array of rock genres, too. Put a nice boost in front and you have access
to pretty much the entire range of gain to get the job done in 90% of music played. :)

It's magic. That growl & bark they have is SO satisfying! A buddy of mine has a 100 watt Plexi, and I've been trying to get him to come check out how good the Axe III replicates the tones he uses. He uses a Power soak live, and only a couple Boss pedals. He just doesn't know what he's missing. But, some people are content to just have a great tube amp.

Funny thing though, a few years back I played thru his rig, and it was lifeless. I told him it needed new tubes, but didn't agree. (This is a guy who hardly ever even changes his strings!) Anyway, he calls me one day to tell me his amp was acting up so he took it to a tech, and now it sounds better than ever! All the guy did was change his tubes!

It's magic. That growl & bark they have is SO satisfying! A buddy of mine has a 100 watt Plexi, and I've been trying to get him to come check out how good the Axe III replicates the tones he uses. He uses a Power soak live, and only a couple Boss pedals. He just doesn't know what he's missing. But, some people are content to just have a great tube amp.

Funny thing though, a few years back I played thru his rig, and it was lifeless. I told him it needed new tubes, but didn't agree. (This is a guy who hardly ever even changes his strings!) Anyway, he calls me one day to tell me his amp was acting up so he took it to a tech, and now it sounds better than ever! All the guy did was change his tubes!

Seems to me he's not missing anything ;)

Jumper - a short wire used to complete an electric circuit or bypass a break in a circuit

KK_iEloF-7MxGeRWsBCi43inpT6NCgr4jIiUy06E_cm2-s3OrTDgFsLwGUn68g8ALOgprQtCouI3Rm8yoTDCeeFOA6VHbcgplMhni951FvuWWvA

With specific regard to 4 input Marshall amps, this involves putting a cable to link the two channels of the amplifier so that you can blend them. This also gives you more gain.

Last edited:
Ironically, Plexi type amps generally have more gain NOT jumping the channels. You lose some signal when the channels are jumped. The biggest effect is blending in the normal channel's fatness and warmth.

Back
Top Bottom