Jump it to random patches

andyp13

Power User
Just come back from a gig, had a great sound, but on a few occasions when changing to an adjacent patch 001 to 002 my Axe jumped to 280 (or whatever) as I can only change patches slowly from the MFC-101 - page down pause, page again pause etc... I had to go to the Axe and select patch 002 with the rotors wheel on the Axe, this happend a number of times and is starting to really concern me.... For the price I paid I expect reliability - I worry about using this live.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes, happens to me as well. Luckily, I don't gig, so not a huge issue. There was another thread where people tried a different CAT5 cable or thought that either the up/down IA is getting stuck. Personally, I believe it is a firmware bug since this only started on Firmware 19 beta. Cliff&Co will eventually figure it out.

I have mine connected via the FAS-Link.
This is really worrying, I have a lot of gigs coming up and am really worried about the reliability of this - sometimes it is cured by powering down and rebooting, but I can't afford to be doing this during a gig.
Is the MFC101 still supported?

Happens to me too dude - more often than not when I switch the Axe FX on though and it randomly jumps to some patch a couple of hundred away from where it last was. No pattern to it though.

Sounds like you might have activated the global patch function(not sure if that's the correct name). For example if you are on patch 001 and press the button for patch 001 again on your Mfc you will automatically change to a pre determined patch. If you press the button for 001 you will get back to patch 001.

happened to me 3 times last weekend - first time ever. Not done it since. My control is over powercon - and it doesnt move so not likely to be cables.

Ah, shit. So this is happening with pedals other than the MFC? I will need patch usage by controller soon, and do not want to mess around with this.

Any update, Fractal dudes?

Sounds like you might have activated the global patch function(not sure if that's the correct name). For example if you are on patch 001 and press the button for patch 001 again on your Mfc you will automatically change to a pre determined patch. If you press the button for 001 you will get back to patch 001.

No this is not the case, if I press the 'down' button after it has gone up a couple of hundred patches it just goes down to the next adjacent patch and so on. As I said this happened a few times on my gig over the weekend, and I had to use the rotory wheel on the Axe to go back to patch 001.
On one particular instance it went from patch 001 to 284 with one press of the 'up' button.
This needs sorting out I will try another quality Mic lead (this will be the third time) but it really has shaken my confidence in the reliability of the MFC-101 as I don't think the problem is with the Axe (or could I be wrong), and for the money I should expect reliability.
Really annoying as, I have now got the best sound I have EVER HAD, and having to trade off for reliability will hurt.

Back
Top Bottom