JUICY solo's and GROOVY riffs! Ownhammer HHC preview and Triaxis yellow!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Hi duderinos and dudettes!

I wrote a track with my Ibanez TAM10 8-string that I want to share with you guys.
I've been wanting to make a good demo with riffs and solo's for the Triaxis yellow channel (USA pre lead yellow) and when I plugged my guitar into my Axe FX XL+ using this amp model it felt right!!
I got some good 8-string tones without using any drive pedal models so that means this amp model can sound pretty tight!

This guitar had to grow on me a little but now it's one of my favorite guitars.
I love the Dimarzio pick-ups in it with the whole coil tapping thing.

So as some of you may know Ownhammer is releasing a very cool pack in the near future called the 'Heavy Hitters Collection' featuring 4 amazing 4x12 cabinets.
For this demo I chose the 412 MES (which is based on a straight Mesa recto cab) with the H30 speaker option.
I am very stoked about this pack!
If you want to know more I recommend checking the V4 thread in the user cab section of the forum.

I hope you enjoy this tune!

Here is a cool picture of all the cabs that will be in that pack:
V4_HHC.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I always do that with cab lab.
I recently had to re convert everything because of UR2.0.
I couldn't stay behind. :)

I haven't done that - is there a difference and in what way Jon?
Well, I haven't done a proper comparison.
I just figured I couldn't stay behind being a FAS and OH beta tester and all that.
I did a quick comparison and I couldn't easily tell a difference but that was only one IR and I didn't have much time.
Expect the difference to be subtle though.
Brian told me that he did notice more of a difference.
He described it as 'less smeared highs and lows'.

Wow, that is an amazing tone! Awesome playing as well. Sooooo I guess I will be that guy and ask "can I get the patch" haha :). If not, any advice on 8 string tones? Mine are always too dominant in the mix.

Awesome track Jon! Hour playing is always freaking amazing, and you always have some of the best mixes I've ever listened too.. Full and in your face with nothing crowding anything out. What drum program are you using? Also, when you program the drums, do you do the tracking just like you would with real drums?

Wow, that is an amazing tone! Awesome playing as well. Sooooo I guess I will be that guy and ask "can I get the patch" haha :). If not, any advice on 8 string tones? Mine are always too dominant in the mix.

Here is the preset!
It will obviously sound different because of the IR's but this could get you in the ballpark.

Attachments

• TAM10 rhythm.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 16
Awesome track Jon! Hour playing is always freaking amazing, and you always have some of the best mixes I've ever listened too.. Full and in your face with nothing crowding anything out. What drum program are you using? Also, when you program the drums, do you do the tracking just like you would with real drums?

@ChrisMetal86 Thanks so much!
I use Steven Slate Drums 4.0 with expansion packs too.
I just program them on my PC.
I'm not a good drummer but by practicing programming drums and paying close attention to drummers and drum parts I've learned a lot.
Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom