Judas Priest "Riding on the Wind"

rallye440

Hello,

Just did my first home recording with my Axe-Fx II. As I found couple of Priest backing tracks I decided to test what I can do with my FAS magic box :)

I used couple of factory presets adjusted to sound just slightly brighter and this is how it ended up. My goal was not to match original guitar sounds or playing, just to have some fun and learn how to get decent sounds for recording stuff in home. Playing is not that good either but I thought I could share it anyways...

Cool!
thumbsup.gif

Haven't heard that for a over a quarter of a century!
laughing.gif

Rallye440 that was awesome. One of my favorite Priest tunes. I liked it so much man I ran that mp3 through my mastering setup. Check it out
Click HERE

Wow...Thank you!!! :shock That was awesome. So much more sparkle and presence! Really hard to believe that it is made from my lo-fi mp3...

Now I'm tempted to try recording some other Judas Priest songs too...:eagerness:

Riding on the wind

Absolutely fantastic...
Any chance of sharing the preset or some guidance on how to come close to it? That'd be greatly appreciated!
:encouragement:

Thank you all for your feedback!

I used factory Friedman BE preset on rhythm tracks with higher treble setting and bright switch on. Presence knob was at 3 o'clock and cab was this: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-user-cabs-irs/78127-clark-kents-gift-mankind.html

Left channel was recorded with my Amfisound Custom (EMG81) and right channel with my darker sounding '85 Hamer Phantom (stock pickup).

Preset for licks and leads is "thick and chunky" (#97 or #98 depending on your preferences) using my KXK K.K. Downing model (EMG81)

I didn't even bother to save the presets because they were so close to stock factory presets. Just slight adjustments made to sound brighter.

Back
Top Bottom