JTM45

Brian Coonan

Power User
I started looking into the guides, @yek's and the WIKI on the amp models and reading about what they are based on, how the settings should be configured to really take advantage of the work the fellas at FAS did and man, I gotta tell ya - that is the way to go. When I got this thing - naturally I plugged in and started playing and messing around without much reading - but there is a LOT to be learned by taking a few minutes to take advantage of all the work that's been put into helping us get the most out of the AX8.

Anyway - lot of rambling. Today, I sat down and just put in a amp and cab - the Brit JM45 Jump with 4x12 Greenback stock cab and to me, it sounds great. VERY little effort on my part - made a few tweaks, which were based on the reading I did out here and the aforementioned resources. I've attached the preset, just in case people ask (I added a few FX for usability live), but here is a recording of it - just some rhythm playing. This is with my PRS SE245 (Humbuckers)

Also, this isn't a post to say how great my preset is by any means - I mean FAS did all the work - this is more a post to highlight the fact that you can get a really nice sound out of the AX8 pretty easily. Especially for new people out here (myself included). This is on the new 8.02 FW too.

Peace - from a VERY happy customer!

Attachments

• JTM45Greenbacks.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom