AFIII JTM45 Plexi AX3-c "Still got the blues"

I just tweaked the gain and master settings to taste, and added verb and delays from the Axe-FX III Mk2. :)

Here is what I saved. Adjust to your liking of course as I did. Thanks a lot all for the views guys!
Right on @spikey Thanks for sharing that preset can’t wait to check it out.
What are you playing through frfr and a power amp?

Rock & Roll @spikey great playing love the sound.
Did you make any tweaks to the JCM45 Plexi?

Right on @spikey Thanks for sharing that preset can’t wait to check it out.
What are you playing through frfr and a power amp?

I'm playing thru some older Mackie HR-824 studio monitors, and the Interface is an Apollo Quad w/Thunderbolt. That's where I set my Axe-FX III Mk2 tones for the guitar. I don't use headphones for that approach only because it always sounds different to me versus using the speakers in the 824s later. The signal leaves the Axe-FX III, and into a Mackie1642-VLZ4 mixer with 8 direct outs which go into the UA Apollo inputs. Outputs go to the Mackie 824s. Then using Studio One 5 and Cubase 12 Pro for my Hosts ( with a dab of Logic Pro). Its a pretty simple setup that works for me. :)

Thanks for all the kind words!!!

Last edited:
I'm playing thru some older Mackie HR-824 studio monitors, and the Interface is an Apollo Quad w/Thunderbolt. That's where I set my Axe-FX III Mk2 tones for the guitar. I don't use headphones for that approach only because it always sounds different to me versus using the speakers in the 824s later. The signal leaves the Axe-FX III, and into a Mackie1642-VLZ4 mixer with 8 direct outs which go into the UA Apollo inputs. Outputs go to the Mackie 824s. Then using Studio One 5 and Cubase 12 Pro for my Hosts ( with a dab of Logic Pro). Its a pretty simple setup that works for me. :)

Thanks for all the kind words!!!
Thanks for sharing that with me. You really have a great sound and a nice set up that sounds great.

Nice tone. I can see your in the mid position on the pickups, could I ask where your vol and tones are set. Cheers
Yes, I stayed in the middle. I used the neck tone knob a little when I recorded. The bridge was all the way up. Those were stock pups AFAIK on that 98 Standard LP. She weighs a ton, over 10 pounds!

Mr Moore himself is probably taking a peak through the clouds to see who stole his tone!! Absolutely loved it, thank you for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom