AFIII JTM 45 blues with new Gibson SG

fremen

Axe-Master
Vendor

I've been playing guitar for 37 years now, but like I said in another post, it's the first time, since Wednesday, that I own a Gibson ! I wanted a SG for years, and just got that SG Standard HP (for High performance). Axe-Fx III with firmware 9.0, JTM45 amp model. Bonus preset added to "Fremen's picks", available here : https://fremenpresets.com/axe-fx-iii/

Now, I'm open to suggestions to fight the neck dive, lol... That's my only issue with that guitar right now !

hello, thanks ! Yes, I've seen that... I don't have any problem sitting. However, standing I would like to use a conventional strap...

Now, I'm open to suggestions to fight the neck dive, lol... That's my only issue with that guitar right now !

hello, thanks ! Yes, I've seen that... I don't have any problem sitting. However, standing I would like to use a conventional strap...
Yeah, that's an issue with my SG too. I use one of these hemp straps from Levy's, it's grippy enough to keep the neck up with most shirts.

https://reverb.com/item/20044670-levy-s-2-genuine-hemp-guitar-strap-m8hd-nat-free-shipping

I've been playing guitar for 37 years now, but like I said in another post, it's the first time, since Wednesday, that I own a Gibson ! I wanted a SG for years, and just got that SG Standard HP (for High performance). Axe-Fx III with firmware 9.0, JTM45 amp model. Bonus preset added to "Fremen's picks", available here : https://fremenpresets.com/axe-fx-iii/

Have you ever tried these ?

http://comfortstrapp.com/

Everyone here should have at least one of these straps just to try it out and put it on the heaviest guitar you own
and tell me if it does not help.

I will check this, thanks !

Ill warn you now that you might like them so much they go on every guitar you own just cause they all feel the same once adjusted to same as the others and the strap folds back over itself and buttons a 2nd time to lock... So its not coming off and once its adjusted its not moving unless you push it some it will stretch or give a bit.. and its neoprene very soft wetsuit material for strap part but has a texture to the belt which is double wrapped round the soft shoulder pad. Thats why im betting it stays put cause of that and how it hangs and gives off each the front and back..
I have 3 of them the only exception is I wanted a cowboy strap for the tele. El Dorado strap for that wanted to try their straps very well made also if you like solid leather straps... The Strapps are so comfortable though never have had an incident or close call they hold solid.... They dont ride into your shoulder but distribute the weight over your shoulder and back.. Fits too you like a glove you forget its on and I adjust it where I can sit and play or stand right up and im right there in that same area or feel so its right.. Spoiled on them..

Last edited:
Those are the ones I use. I really like them. I got the first one maybe 12 or so years ago after randomly encountering one at Guitar Center. A few years later I had to track them down so I could get a 2nd. Highly recommend them!

They fit Ibanez guitars just right I know that AT100 user here mine are on tad heavy side for me but that strapp compensates for that
and I sit alot from crushed disc injury so cant play heavy guitars at all anyway dont like them wont buy them..

The at 100 is kinda sabre shaped somewhat but perhaps more thick and sharp edged like a tele edge vs strat or a blend of the two flatter on bottom bout more strat feeling upper bout of guitar Id like it even more if it was 7.5 lbs.

They fit Ibanez guitars just right I know that AT100 user here mine are on tad heavy side for me but that strapp compensates for that
and I sit alot from crushed disc injury so cant play heavy guitars at all anyway dont like them wont buy them..

The at 100 is kinda sabre shaped somewhat but perhaps more thick and sharp edged like a tele edge vs strat or a blend of the two flatter on bottom bout more strat feeling upper bout of guitar Id like it even more if it was 7.5 lbs.
I use strap locks so I just rotate the two straps between guitars as needed.

The AT100 is cool model. @fremen and I both attended Vai Academy a little while back and got to see Andy Timmons up close several times with the AT100 and the new ATZ100 (part of the new AZ series).

Actually, I think he got to jam with Andy, too!

Looks like I will order at least 3 of them, thanks guys !

Looks like I will order at least 3 of them, thanks guys !

Hey to let you know Im 6ft 4 about 240 and I dont wear mine high or anything or ultra low either
but I think mine are all Extra long Bass straps as it seems mine are about 47 inches when attached...

So you might measure your existing straps and compare to Comforts charts here..
Then you will know before buying...

Product Description
Pro Guitar Series ComfortStrapps™

Pro Guitar Series ComfortStrapps™
The Pro Guitar Series Strapps™ consists of a straight design for a leaner application. Neoprene pad is 2.75″ throughout and available in two lengths:
Pro Guitar Series Long 38″-45″ (Adjusts one end)
Pro Guitar Series Extra Long 42″-54″ (Adjusts both ends)
All measurements are from the inner most set of holes.
Bass Series ComfortStrapps™

Bass Series ComfortStrapps™
The Pro Bass Series Strapps™ consists of a wider design through the shoulder area, providing added support for the typically heavier bass instrument. Neoprene pad tapers to 3″ from 3.5″, and is available in three lengths:
Pro Bass Series Short 33″-37″ (Adjusts one end)
Pro Bass Series Long 38″-45″ (Adjusts one end)
Pro Bass Series Extra Long 42″-54″ (Adjusts both ends)
All measurements are from the inner most set of holes.

Back
Top Bottom