JS410 Orange + IIC+ as preamp - Too good that I need to share

Leftyjay

Hey guys!

New to the Fractal world since 3 weeks ago. Got my FM3 as you might guess and played around a little. Then toy around with some quick tuto online, just for the shake of having fun and explore the possibilities.

Then stumble on something I saw several times, which is a video from Ola Englund showing how to get close to the Master of Puppets sound. He explained at one point that they were using the IIC+ preamp into the JCM poweramp section (modded for that purpose of course).

I told my self : hey, I could take the JCM800 and select the IIC+ as the preamp section.

Oh. My. Good it sound good. The member exclusive IR files from our afromentinned Swedish friend greatly helped, but still works super cool with other IRs. Then I tried with the JS410 (Orange). Even better.

Try it, it is super awesome. I'll try attach the preset.
edit : still a work in progress, I'm not a sound engineer or anything.

Attachments

• JS410 wIIC+.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 35
So f I understand right, you took the amp and then selected the Tonestack from the IIC+? I'm not at my Axe to load it and check.

Changing around tonestacks can definitely sound cool, the way the EQ knobs are set up is a lot of what gives different amps their personality. But just so you know that's not actually the same thing as swapping preamps and power amps, you're just using a different set of EQ knobs.

So f I understand right, you took the amp and then selected the Tonestack from the IIC+? I'm not at my Axe to load it and check.

Changing around tonestacks can definitely sound cool, the way the EQ knobs are set up is a lot of what gives different amps their personality. But just so you know that's not actually the same thing as swapping preamps and power amps, you're just using a different set of EQ knobs.

Yeah, i kinda guessed that it was close but obviously not the exact same thing

Back
Top Bottom