JP2C Rig

I’ve been jamming with this preset for a couple of days. Have you used it with a band yet? I’m wondering if it will cut through the mix

I’ve been jamming with this preset for a couple of days. Have you used it with a band yet? I’m wondering if it will cut through the mix

I have not tried it with a band or in a mix so I am not sure, but very curious to know how it would sound in context. I have tried to craft it with the goal of having it sit well in a mix but have not been able to test. Maybe someone could try it out and let me know?

I have been playing around a little more with this patch to even better meet two criteria - have a tight, but big bottom end while also having a lot of attack and pick scratch like Petrucci gets (a lot of this second part is technique though). Doesn’t need much - push the bass up by 1 and set the presence about 5.5 or 6 and it gets there with this patch for me. Can also play with bumping up the 80 and 240 sliders by 1 or 2 dB.

Overall I think the JP2C model sounds best at a presence setting of 4 - it sounds thicker and less shrill. But, at a presence of 4 you don't get as much note attack. So I find having a bit more bass with the presence at 5.5 sort of gets to a nice middle ground. Would like to know how to add back the pick attack while leaving presence at 4 cause then it would be perfect :) Bumping up High Treble by a db or two does bring some of the attack back with presence remaining at 4 so something worth trying.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I posted a preset for a JP2C rig in another part of the forum so thought I would link to the post here for anyone that might be interested in trying it.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/i-am-confused-about-the-jp2c.153540/post-1833255

The preset is attached.

Cheers

I have since found that using the 4x12 Traditional cab from the ML Legends pack on its own is the best with this patch. Very Petrucci. Has the right darkness and warmth but also has the scratchy pick scrape frequencies too. It is pretty near a perfect cab for this type of sound.

@ML SOUND LAB which file in Cab Pack 7 is the Legends Trad Cab? Sounds like the 57-421 mix 01 perhaps?

Last edited:
I gave it a belt today with a few different guitars and it's really great. Nice work and thank you. Loving the civilised levelling too - I know it's hard to do. Cheers.

I gave it a belt today with a few different guitars and it's really great. Nice work and thank you. Loving the civilised levelling too - I know it's hard to do. Cheers.
Thanks for trying it out Burgs and glad it worked for you. Also glad to hear it worked well with a selection of guitars. If you have Cab Pack 7 or ML Legends is definitely worth dropping in the 57-421 mix 01 or the ML TRAD cab - sounds the best to me.

Would be good to hear this on another persons rig - maybe you could shoot a quick clip one day?

Cheers

Great job on this preset. Probably going to use it for Christmas in Sarajevo at our X Mas production we are practicing for. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom