JP Scenes preset updated for FW 11.03

Yes it is !

Alex, haven't come across many presets with as much hi-freq sizzling gain as in your Recto JP preset. Recto + Boost + Drive block.
TBH, I can't imagine hearing much if any note/string separation when this is playing through FOH.
Makes me wonder if we're hearing the same tone through our rigs. Can you record a clip?

Alex, haven't come across many presets with as much hi-freq sizzling gain as in your Recto JP preset. Recto + Boost + Drive block.
TBH, I can't imagine hearing much if any note/string separation when this is playing through FOH.
Makes me wonder if we're hearing the same tone through our rigs. Can you record a clip?
That's exactly the inverse thing i'm hearing with Adam's preset, so yes there might be a problem ^^
I'll record a clip with the DI track too so we can make an assumption on what's wrong here.
Thanks for your help Alex !

Reactions: yek
Here is the mix for you Yek :
The DI and guitar files are transfering via WeTransfer, will update soon.
Is the mix sounding fizzy for you ?

I don't mind the thread hijacking :).

I do like that clip you posted Al. JP has obviously used all varieties of Mesa amps over the years so there's never going to be any single JP preset that captures all of his tones. A Recto JP preset will be different from a Mark series one and your has that signature recto fizz that some people like more than others.

The settings for my preset are based on settings of his live rig during the ADTOE tour. At that time it was Mark V amp in Mark IIC+ mode or Mark IV mode. I dug the Mark IIC+ mode so that's what I went with for my preset. I don't have a JP model guitar so the input gain trim settings might need adjustment to match the ideal gain level.

I think i found what may sound wrong when you use the preset on your axefx : It uses an user IR called "4x12 Recto2" from the Ultra days, do you have it ?
Can be found here : http://axefx.fr/AxeFXArchive/IRs/4x12 Recto2 Ultra.syx

Yeah, using that results in a similar tone coming from my Axe-Fx with your preset, as on your recording. So no worries.

P.S. Check your noise gate settings. Attack "should" be as low as possible, in your preset it's up (default is 1).

P.S. Check your noise gate settings. Attack "should" be as low as possible, in your preset it's up (default is 1).

I would like to know where I can find guidance on the noise gate settings and what each parameter does. What to use to keep the notes from being chopped off, and still cut the noise.

PSS - Were you referring to a GATE1 or GATE2 effect block, or the input gate settings?

Great starting point for both Adam and Al's patches. Thanks guys! I finally took the time to setup patches with scenes and I have to say it blew my socks off. I can switch from high gain to clean with no interruption in the sound. Cliff, you are a genius! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom