Pick your favorite band...

• Total voters
I don't know man... I think the title should read which is the cheesiest video :lol both are great songs though.

Two of my favourite guitarists (Schon and Luke) but as a band I'd have to say Journey, especially some of their more modern stuff.

Both are great, but Toto is my favorite, no question. I give them the nod on Arrangements/Orchestration. Composition. Individual chops. etc. I knock off after "The Seventh One" however.

A story:

Ages ago, when I was a teen, I saw Toto play a concert at an amusement park. Later, I somehow ended up in line for a roller coaster with Bob Bradshaw (Luke as a few places ahead and chatted with my friends). Well... I asked BOB for his autograph. I later hung it on my wall taped to the "Bob Not Included" ad. (Remember that?! 80s guitar mags still embodied the spirit of the golden age of advertising.) He was a real hero to me and really sparked what had previously been a passive interest in sound design and rig building. Bob was very kind. We rode the ride together and said adios.

25+ years later, I am now friends with Bob through the artists and customers we support together. One night when we were working on a rig at his place, I told him this story, thanking him for that kindness. Now get this. He swore he remembers me and that roller coaster ride... said he'd only ridden one Roller Coaster in his adult life and that had been it!

Both great bands and both have great guitar players..... I am torn between the guitar players but for band overall I went with Journey simply for all the songs I heard growing up.
For guitar talent I am still torn between both Schon and Lukather....tough one. ;)

Journey, but not by much. You can match up each musician toe to toe, and Toto edges out Journey on bass. Steve Smith is overall a better drummer than Porcaro, but I like Porcaro's note selection better. And I would say the same remark when comparing Lukather to Schon. Steve can play circles around Neal, based on sheer technique, and has more "go to" fast licks, but both do tend to play the same signature pattern when they are going full speed. However, Schon has played some of the most melodic and memorable solos in modern music, and I'd have to say his tones sit in the mixes much better than Lukather's. Steve tended to have scooped tone, that would have been more appropriate in a heavier band, and the scooped stuff gets lost in the mixes, especially when it was too chorused out and wide, IMHO.

Steve Perry was the best tenor from that age of music. The only guy that was as good or better from that era, because he had the range, AND had more balls, was Brad Delp from Boston.

I've been to this toy store in Korea, and saw these postcards with my own eyes. I still do not understand what it means.

I did not see any "I LOVE JOURNEY" postcards.

TOTO FTW!

toto_15-500x669.jpg

from: Lost in Korea » Blog Archive » The world’s most fucked up toy store

Back
Top Bottom