Journey Tones - My First Gig With Axe-Fx II

Sounds amazing.
I have a question, I tried your presets at home and they sound fairly thin with not a lot of low end. I'm not criticizing, I'm just curious if this is how it sounds when you play at home by yourself. I'm thinking that the presets I make are too heavy on the low end and lacking in mids and highs. Maybe a thin sounding preset on its own translates to a monster sounding tone in a love setting like you posted. My presets don't seem to cut nearly as well as your recordings.

Thanks blaze. Great stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds amazing.
I have a question, I tried your presets at home and they sound fairly thin with not a lot of low end. I'm not criticizing, I'm just curious if this is how it sounds when you play at home by yourself. I'm thinking that the presets I make are too heavy on the low end and lacking in mids and highs. Maybe a thin sounding preset on its own translates to a monster sounding tone in a love setting like you posted. My presets don't seem to cut nearly as well as your recordings.

I think Blaze said that he's still on 14.02 ? Maybe that accounts for the difference ?

I didn't notice a huge difference in my presets from 14 to 15. I don't think that had a big effect on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks for the presets, they sound great with my rig. I love how the Plexi 50 preset cleans up when you bypas the drive. Thanks again

Love these presets, they don't sound thin at all on my Petrucci or Silhouette Special (with Aldrich bridge pickup). I did up the MV slightly and dialled back the gate a little.
Thanks and Cheers,

Great job, Blaze! So nice to see someone your age with so much talent and feel (and down to earth too). Keep rockin' out like that and you'll end up as a hired gun for some A-lister! Thanks for the presets too. Gonna give them a whirl.
All the best!

Sounds amazing.

Since these are live presets, I made sure to dial them in with my FRFR at super loud volumes. It's particularly easy to let the bass frequencies get out of control at higher volumes, so I tried to be conscious of that and also wanted to make sure it sat well in a mix (and doesn't fight the bass guitar). Because of this, the bass could seem a bit lacking at lower volumes. Also, the sound of my guitar in general (basswood body, IBZ USA F2 pickup) outputs plenty of bass, so I didn't need as much in my presets to compensate.

Thanks for the presets, they sound great with my rig. I love how the Plexi 50 preset cleans up when you bypas the drive. Thanks again

No problem! That's exactly what I was going for with the Plexi 50: a decently thick crunch with the drive on, and more of a dynamic overdriven tone with the drive bypassed.

Since these are live presets, I made sure to dial them in with my FRFR at super loud volumes. It's particularly easy to let the bass frequencies get out of control at higher volumes, so I tried to be conscious of that and also wanted to make sure it sat well in a mix (and doesn't fight the bass guitar). Because of this, the bass could seem a bit lacking at lower volumes. Also, the sound of my guitar in general (basswood body, IBZ USA F2 pickup) outputs plenty of bass, so I didn't need as much in my presets to compensate.

that's probably why your tone cut through so well in the videos. Great job. Im going to try them out at my next gig. Thanks

that's probably why your tone cut through so well in the videos. Great job. Im going to try them out at my next gig. Thanks

No prob! By the way, I love your designs at Gigwrx! I'm planning to buy a set from you guys once I finally get all the switches on my MFC programmed in the way I want them. :)

Hey Blaze - awesome band ! I really enjoyed watching your videos.

I am curious if you tried your presets with FW 15.02 yet. I am still new to the Axe and am still sorting everything out and writing my patches. Your preset using the USA IIC+ Bright sounds great when I try it without any mods. It is very present. When I 'reload' the IIC+ Bright (to ensure using the FW15 features) the preset gets very dull - as if a blanket has been thrown over the virtual amp. I have ensured all the settings are the same as your original preset. I have tried tweaking but I cannot capture the presence and up front sound of your preset. I was curious if you have tried FW 15 and what your results are.

If anyone has any suggestions for helping me get that original sound but in FW 15 I would appreciate any tips. My ultimate goal is to get that presence for my live presets as I am just building them they seem a little muffled.

Thx, Mike

No prob! By the way, I love your designs at Gigwrx! I'm planning to buy a set from you guys once I finally get all the switches on my MFC programmed in the way I want them. :)

Thanks Blaze. We're here when you're ready. I know its a hard decision to choose how to lay out your mfc

Back
Top Bottom