Journey Tones - My First Gig With Axe-Fx II

Great playing & tones! Band sounds great!

I know you provided the info on the amp & IR that you use, but it would still be awesome if you could upload the actual patches you use for Stone In Love and/or Anyway You Want It..........I'm sure many of us would really appreciate it dude! Rock on bro!

nothing new here...great job. I think the whole band does a great job of reproducing the recorded sounds of Journey. Enjoyed listening to the tunes. Great singer and great playing. Although I single you guys out only because they're probably the most prominent sound of Journey, but everybody was fantastic. Great demo reel for you and for Fractal.

Great job. All you guys nail it. I was in a Foreigner cover band. I know how hard it is to nail this stuff. Live patches are tough to dial in sometimes. Any posted patches would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a couple presets I was using, for those of you who have asked for them.

I used Journey OD 1 on songs like "Stone In Love," "Any Way You Want It," and "Lights" (On "Lights" I turned off the Drive block and switched to my neck pickup). Scene 2 is for solos.

I used Journey OD 2 for most songs in the set. It's got a little more midrange honk to it. Again, scene 2 is for solos.

Thanks again to everyone for the positive feedback! I'm glad you guys have enjoyed the videos, and I'll be sure to pass along the kind words to my bandmates. Hopefully, as we gain a following, we'll be branching out to areas near you! :)

View attachment Journey OD 1.syx
View attachment Journey OD 2.syx

Look forward to trying these out. You guys really nail it in the videos!

My last band played 4-5 Journey songs and I used the Brit 800 w/ a drive in front of it, but I was using a preset I also used for some other 80s stuff and not trying to get totally authentic.

Here's a couple presets I was using, for those of you who have asked for them.

I used Journey OD 1 on songs like "Stone In Love," "Any Way You Want It," and "Lights" (On "Lights" I turned off the Drive block and switched to my neck pickup). Scene 2 is for solos.

I used Journey OD 2 for most songs in the set. It's got a little more midrange honk to it. Again, scene 2 is for solos.

Thanks again to everyone for the positive feedback! I'm glad you guys have enjoyed the videos, and I'll be sure to pass along the kind words to my bandmates. Hopefully, as we gain a following, we'll be branching out to areas near you! :)

View attachment 22401
View attachment 22402

cheers for the presets. I saw a vid a couple of weeks ago which I noticed how much you nailed the schon tone and I'm guessing it's mostly in the fingers. Superb playing.

Thanks for the Presets! Went home and jammed to Stone In Love & Any Way You Want it last night. However the presets I used and my playing were nowhere near yours haha. What firmware were these created in?

Hey

Yeah would be nice to know what firmware there was ,and all recording videos/clips would be nice to have note what firmware there was. Firmwares have big different for tone like we all know that ,and would be nice to know when testing some shared presets what firmware get close to that shared tone. I have not tried those two presets yet ,but I think in that video firmware was between FW12.03-FW14.0 maybe im wrong or correct but would be nice to know what Firmware there was.

Thanks for the Presets! Went home and jammed to Stone In Love & Any Way You Want it last night. However the presets I used and my playing were nowhere near yours haha. What firmware were these created in?

Hey

Yeah would be nice to know what firmware there was ,and all recording videos/clips would be nice to have note what firmware there was. Firmwares have big different for tone like we all know that ,and would be nice to know when testing some shared presets what firmware get close to that shared tone. I have not tried those two presets yet ,but I think in that video firmware was between FW12.03-FW14.0 maybe im wrong or correct but would be nice to know what Firmware there was.

Let me clarify, I didn't use his presets. I just saw them this morning when I got online. The presets I used were just some of my own I dialed in last night for the hell of it. Hopefully these posted by Blaze, will be the FW15.02 :D

Hey

Okey now I see thanks for reply mate ,yeah lets hope he will answer what firmware there was.

Let me clarify, I didn't use his presets. I just saw them this morning when I got online. The presets I used were just some of my own I dialed in last night for the hell of it. Hopefully these posted by Blaze, will be the FW15.02 :D

What firmware were these created in?

I probably should've included that information earlier; it's firmware 1! ... Haha I'm joking. It was firmware 14.02. When FW15 came out, it was only a couple days before that gig, so I didn't want to update and risk drastically changing the sound of my presets that close to a show. I still haven't updated yet because I haven't had a lot of time but, from what I hear, FW15 is killer! So I'm looking forward to trying it! :)

I probably should've included that information earlier; it's firmware 1! ... Haha I'm joking. It was firmware 14.02. When FW15 came out, it was only a couple days before that gig, so I didn't want to update and risk drastically changing the sound of my presets that close to a show. I still haven't updated yet because I haven't had a lot of time but, from what I hear, FW15 is killer! So I'm looking forward to trying it! :)

And we are all looking forward to your FW15 presets too :D FW15 is crazy good!

Back
Top Bottom