Journey Tones - My First Gig With Axe-Fx II

Thanks for the kind words everybody! Me and the guys in the band really appreciate it. :)

Are you using one of those cabs behind you or going straight in? Stereo or mono?
No guitar cabs (those Marshall full stacks you see in the background are actually just dummies lol). I'm just going straight into the board, and there's an EV ELX112P onstage with me. I programmed all my presets to be mono, but the sound guy still insisted on taking both L and R outs into the board.

How the heck did they mic your drummer's cymbals?! i don't see any mics haha
We were all wondering the same thing! The soundman was like a magician, so he probably had hidden mics somewhere up in the lighting rig or something haha.

Hi Blaze,
cool sounds...
Can you post a preset ?
Regards
Peter
Sounds fantastic. Can you share some presets?
Sure! There's not a whole lot to it: I used the USA IIC+ Bright amp sim most of the night, and when it's solo time I kick on a volume boost, Dimension D Chorus, and some delay. On songs where I need a more middle-of-the-road sound, I use the Plexi 50W Jump amp sim.

Last edited:
Guitars sound great.

Tell the singer to lose 40lbs or stop tucking his shirt in, like your mom would force you to on the first day of elementary school.

Shit, if 40 extra with a tucked shirt could make ALL singers that good, I'd be glad to buy the donuts. That cat did a phenomenal job doing Perry, and that ain't an easy task.

Loved it, Blaze. Kudos!

Thanks for the kind words everybody! Me and the guys in the band really appreciate it. :)

No guitar cabs (those Marshall full stacks you see in the background are actually just dummies lol). I'm just going straight into the board, and there's an EV ELX112P onstage with me. I programmed all my presets to be mono, but the sound guy still insisted on taking both L and R outs into the board.

We were all wondering the same thing! The soundman was like a magician, so he probably had hidden mics somewhere up in the lighting rig or something haha.

Sure! There's not a whole lot to it: I used the USA IIC+ Bright amp sim most of the night, and when it's solo time I kick on a volume boost, Dimension D Chorus, and some delay. On songs where I need a more middle-of-the-road sound, I use the Plexi 50W Jump amp sim.

Which cab ir you using?

Great job! Great playing! Sounds awesome, and you do a great job of keeping the guts of the solos while still giving them your own vibe. Looks like Mark Day has a Journey cover challenger to the throne hehe.

Great job! Great playing! Sounds awesome, and you do a great job of keeping the guts of the solos while still giving them your own vibe. Looks like Mark Day has a Journey cover challenger to the throne hehe.

Thanks man! But Mark Day will always be king; that guy is a monster player! I'll settle for being a court jester or something lol.

Where can I get some stack wallpaper for my basement!
Yes! Pipe and drape for gigs, wallpaper for man-caves (plus wallpaper of concert sluts on the opposite wall). Gotta pay trademark fees, but it's a moneymaker!

Excellent playing and tone! Kudos Blaze and the rest of the band. If you guys ever come through GA, hit me up in advance so I can buy tickets :)

Back
Top Bottom