JONESING FOR v10 RELEASE NOTES!!!

Added, added, added, added, added..................added. I lost track.

Amazing!!

The ODS-100 models were redone and matched to a Dumble Overdrive Special, S/N 0213. This particular amp is a 100W “HRM” version. The lead channel was matched with the preamp bypass (PAB) engaged which bypasses the input tone stack. The lead channel was also modeled with the Drive control at approximately 7.0. The Input Trim parameter can be used to increase or decrease the drive. Note that the clean channel has a bright cap on the Master Volume. This causes the tone to get brighter as the MV is reduced and vice-versa.

I believe I recall reading the post you did when you bought this amp. Can't wait to hear it.

Thanks to you Cliff and the entire FAS team, for all the hard work you continue to put into this product.

I know that this is not the final release note for FW10, but can anyone confirm the addition of any bass amp and cabinet models as described in other previous threads? I didn't see any mention of it...or perhaps I missed it...? Regardless, this FW update looks absolutely insane!! So much good stuff being added...incredible!
I didn't see any mention of bass amp models but it looks like 3-5 bass cabs judging by the 30/35 producer cab comment.

I have a gig next weekend and if it comes out this weekend I will not be waiting....

Thanks for the update Sir Cliff....I wonder if our UK friends can do something about getting you knighted by the Queen?

Is this

"Lower B+Time Constant values will make the amp feel "faster". but too low can cause ghost notes."

a contradiction to what is written in the manual

"B+ TIME CONSTANT – Controls the rate of change in the power tube plate supply. Lower values give a bouncier feel, while higher values give a tighter feel."

or is something changed?

Just curious.

I like the "Added 35 cabinet models from the first of our 'producer packs' " line. I wonder if there will producer packs as a new product offering?

Cool! An additional 50 slots for cabs, but I don't why there would be no dump/restore on the new slots.

I guess time will answer all the questions. Looking forward to 10.0

I know that this is not the final release note for FW10, but can anyone confirm the addition of any bass amp and cabinet models as described in other previous threads? I didn't see any mention of it...or perhaps I missed it...? Regardless, this FW update looks absolutely insane!! So much good stuff being added...incredible!

I don't know about bass amps, but Cliff did have this tidbit in the release notes . . . .

Added 35 cabinet models from the first of our “producer packs”. These models are custom blended IRs using multiple mics on the cabinet. Hand-tuned by the producer, these IRs are ready-to-go with little additional EQ required for mix-ready results. The first 30 of the IRs are guitar amp cabinets and the last five are bass amp cabs.

I like the "Added 35 cabinet models from the first of our 'producers' " line. I wonder if there will producer packs as a new product offering?

Cool! An additional 50 slots for cabs, but I don't why there would be no dump/restore on the new slots.

I guess time will answer all the questions. Looking forward to 10.0

There was a thread were Cliff asked forum members if they liked the addition of new user slots and he wrote that the slots had to be saved in another space in the memory which didnt make it possible to dump/restore them.

Great, thanks! So I guess it's the bass amp model(s) that I'm curious about now.
I don't know about bass amps, but Cliff did have this tidbit in the release notes . . . .

Added 35 cabinet models from the first of our “producer packs”. These models are custom blended IRs using multiple mics on the cabinet. Hand-tuned by the producer, these IRs are ready-to-go with little additional EQ required for mix-ready results. The first 30 of the IRs are guitar amp cabinets and the last five are bass amp cabs.

Cliff,

While I am excited about this release I can't help but think that not charging the user for this massive firmware update is a bad business decision. Cliff, think about the revenue you could gain by charging at least $99 for the new software. All that programming and nothing to show for it. The cash flow would help feed any new product development or help keep the MFC in production. My Axe just sits in its case because I can't gig without a quality foot controller.

IMHO the #1 reason why the Axe FX is as popular as it is , is because of the free updates...

Is this

"Lower B+Time Constant values will make the amp feel "faster". but too low can cause ghost notes."

a contradiction to what is written in the manual

"B+ TIME CONSTANT – Controls the rate of change in the power tube plate supply. Lower values give a bouncier feel, while higher values give a tighter feel."

or is something changed?

Just curious.

Those sound like the same things to me. Bouncier = Faster.

So hard to put adjectives to "feels."

Those sound like the same things to me. Bouncier = Faster.

So hard to put adjectives to "feels."

Yes maybe you are correct.
I've always thought of lower B+ values as a tube rectifier, that is spongy/bouncy, slower and laid back.
And higher B+ value as solid state rectifier, tighter/faster more direct?

More adjectives, haha! Anyway, thanks for answering!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom