JON LORD - THANK YOU FOR THE TUNES BROTHER - R.I.P.

r.i.p. :(

The first CD I ever bought (at the age of 10 or 11) was a Deep Purple Best of.
His music will keep his legacy alive.

Truly a sad day...Jon was my favorite keyboard player ever and a giant among giants. His musicianship and integrity were hugely influential on my musical upbringing and gave me something to strive for in my formative years learning the guitar.

He was a massively talented and humble gentleman, and thanks for many moments of joy in my life.

You will be missed and always remembered....RIP.

+1

Machine Head especially. Him and Blackmore are fantastic on that one. Highway Star and Lazy standout to me. The whole album is superb. RIP Jon!

Adding to what many others have said. A superb musician, a visionary, a pioneer, Jon Lord, and Deep Purple in general are one of my all time favorite bands. Great music. I urge anyone not very familiar with their early work, to check out vintage Deep Purple. Their early sound (Hush, River Deep Mountain High, And The Address, Mandrake Root) was dominated by Jon's massive Hammond sound. RIP Jon. Thanks for a lifetime of listening pleasure. You will be greatly missed.

Definitely my favorite rock keyboardist of all-time. Sad day. Heard about it relatively early and of course had to listen to machine head on my way home from work. They were my first concert when I moved to California in about 86 and I really learned the meaning of the word stage presence when I saw them.

I hate to hear this....I've been getting reaquainted with Deep Purple all over again the past few months and paying more attention to the other instruments besides just the guitar. Jon Lord sends chills up my spine at times! One of my first TRUE rock bands that made me a fan from the very fist listen....Lazy!

I had the great honour to play with Jon Lord when he performed "The Concerto" in Australia in 2007.

He was incredibly humble and warm.
To stand next to his Hammond was the highlight of my career.

Sad day indeed

RIP Mr Jon Lord.

:-(

Back
Top Bottom