Jon Anderson announces US tour dates with The Band Geeks for Spring 2023

Watching the promo demo: Anderson still has his vocal range and tone. The band sounds great, too!

Nice...I dig it, will likely try to catch one of those shows around here.

I'm one of the small minority that really loved the Talk album, and because it was never a big commercial success there aren't many videos of Yes performing it. Band Geeks did a phenomenal cover of the opening track and I like it just as much as the real album version. Never heard anybody else get this close to Trevor Rabin's sound and playing.

Nice...I dig it, will likely try to catch one of those shows around here.

I'm one of the small minority that really loved the Talk album, and because it was never a big commercial success there aren't many videos of Yes performing it. Band Geeks did a phenomenal cover of the opening track and I like it just as much as the real album version. Never heard anybody else get this close to Trevor Rabin's sound and playing.

When she auditioned, how many seconds before they said "You're Hired!"

Which one? There's two of them, one with Steve Howe, the other with Trevor Rabin.
Would have been funny if each used a name from the Magic 8-ball instead of "Yes":
  • It is certain
  • It is decidedly so.
  • Without a doubt.
  • Most likely.
  • Outlook good.
  • Signs point to yes.
  • Reply hazy, try again.
  • Ask again later.
  • Better not tell you now.
  • Concentrate and ask again.

Another one that popped up, due to algorithms etc...but I love this song too:

The parts that Chris Squire did on bass for this band are so underrated imo. The bass carries that whole song.

I trust these players to do justice in performing these songs. Hope to see it in person :)

I caught the last gettogether Anderson and the other members did, and that I guess was the last memory I'll have of the band live. I can't get into a lot of the weird combinations of old bands coming out. Like, not going to see whatever Ian Anderson is doing now, because it's not Tull unless Martin Barre is there. Only exception I'd make is seeing Geddy and Alex if they put something together.

Back
Top Bottom