Joining the Mayones Family!

Folks,

Well, I was tipped off to a crazy good buy on a custom shop Mayones Regius 7 baritone (27" scale) so I pulled the trigger on it. Awaiting final communications for this evening, and this lovely beast will be arriving to me on Monday... I've lusted after these guitars for a long time and I am so looking forward to this instrument. GET READY! :shock :eek: :nightmare: :D

Screenshot2013-12-06at14505AM_zps0d23d73b.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Screenshot2013-12-06at14451AM_zpsc876c09f.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice how much did it cost man.

I don't feel super comfortable discussing price because I may very well end up selling it if I don't enjoy the guitar when it gets here. I've never played a Mayones, but I'm pretty sure it's going to clean the floor with even my BRJ Jekyll 727, which I truly love. The BRJ is more of a slugger though - heavy, brute force kind of guitar. Slow attack, but glacial and bulldozer-like. Slowly crushing. The Mayo will probably be much more like a ninja. If I decide the Mayo will stay, I will release the price I got it for. But to put it frankly - the guy who was selling it needed a bit of money to purchase a really really high-end guitar (like $10,000 guitar I think) and so he sacrificed one of his 6 customs at a price so low I couldn't pass it up. His ability to purchase this guitar was time sensitive, so he had to sell the guitar almost freakishly low for how mint this thing is. It was, basically, a friggin' steal.

That is just crasy beautiful!
Drooling here!...

I know. I can't wait until it gets here. I'll likely freak out completely and black out for a few hours. I need to order in some Circle K bass strings, so I'll likely order some of their seven sets and set this guitar up for them as well. Num-nums for muh fingers!

I don't feel super comfortable discussing price because I may very well end up selling it if I don't enjoy the guitar when it gets here. I've never played a Mayones, but I'm pretty sure it's going to clean the floor with even my BRJ Jekyll 727, which I truly love. The BRJ is more of a slugger though - heavy, brute force kind of guitar. Slow attack, but glacial and bulldozer-like. Slowly crushing. The Mayo will probably be much more like a ninja. If I decide the Mayo will stay, I will release the price I got it for. But to put it frankly - the guy who was selling it needed a bit of money to purchase a really really high-end guitar (like $10,000 guitar I think) and so he sacrificed one of his 6 customs at a price so low I couldn't pass it up. His ability to purchase this guitar was time sensitive, so he had to sell the guitar almost freakishly low for how mint this thing is. It was, basically, a friggin' steal.

I know. I can't wait until it gets here. I'll likely freak out completely and black out for a few hours. I need to order in some Circle K bass strings, so I'll likely order some of their seven sets and set this guitar up for them as well. Num-nums for muh fingers!

That's awesome man. Well let us know how it is :)

That thing is beautiful! Been gassing for a Mayo 7 since that Seymour Duncan contest earlier this year.

Congrats man! I love mine, its super responsive to your playing. And the neck through makes it just SOLID. It took me a day or two to get used to the neck profile since I was accustomed to more of a C shape but I am loving it now and wont go back to a fatter profile. What is the body wood on it, mahogany or swamp ash?

It is beautiful, beautiful mahogany, my friend.

Also, just got the word that it is, in fact, the guitar that Fluff reviewed in the following video, but the blade in the crunch lab has been turned back to original position (warning: overly bright, bugera, and two note content):

Congrats on the guitar SS! Just ordered a full compliment of Circle K's for 4 guitars and a bass ... will report my findings. Thanks again for mentioning them.

Boys - I just got this guitar home and it turns out that the guy who owned it had it tuned to drop g sharp, which is good because that's what I play in.

This guitar freaking slays. The clarity and note separation are top notch, and the Dimmarzios definitely boost that "purr" that the guitar already has. I'm stoked. Seriously, seriously stoked. Pictures for tomorrow from my end.

Boys - I just got this guitar home and it turns out that the guy who owned it had it tuned to drop g sharp, which is good because that's what I play in.

This guitar freaking slays. The clarity and note separation are top notch, and the Dimmarzios definitely boost that "purr" that the guitar already has. I'm stoked. Seriously, seriously stoked. Pictures for tomorrow from my end.

So, what you're saying is that you're selling the guitar to me for cheap? ;)

Sidivian:

View attachment 18550

This guitar will be staying with me. And as I have decided upon that, I can feel free to release the fact that I got this guitar for $2,500 + shipping for a total of $2,800. Needless to say, this was a freaking deal, and I'm glad I was able to jump on it. As push comes to shove and I adjust some things on the BRJ, it may get sold... but they're both excellent guitars and if the Mayo is better it's only by a hair's breadth on action and responsiveness.

I snapped some pictures with the iPad and while I wish I had a nice DSLR to really capture the rapture, these pictures are actually a lot closer to the color and effect of the finish. The mahogany is ribboned, and the figure really pops and morphs as you shift the guitar in the light. I will be ordering some strings for my bass and guitars from Circle K today, so expect clips in the very near future. Here come the pics!!!

Back
Top Bottom