Join the AxeFxTutorials & ML Sound Lab Twitch stream!!

No problem chucma! I hope this can help the Axe-Fx community in a completely new way. My approach is very simplistic, yet people ask me complicated questions about tweaking. Doing as much as possible with as little as possible will be the emphasis for me.

You guys already help the community so much already! It's always appreciated!

I think one of the things that I don't have which you do have, is that yo know how the amp is supposed to sound. I generally pick an amp with a cab but I don't know what the benchmark should be for that amp. So I end up going with my ears mostly but against any theory.

Bummer, I fly back from Seattle that day. I guess I'll check the youtube after the fact. or Maybe I pay for the internet service on the plane, man I'm such a nerd.
We will miss you Scott. Is there anything in particular you'd like to see discussed?

HI , it would be great to share some tips for live settings (EQ tips or cabs that work the best for this use) I already use some of your older Cab packs and plan to buy the Cab pack 13.

I think this is the subject that must of the axe users struggle when playing live.

Thanks ¡

This is Awesome guys .would love to see how to convert IR's in a group instead of loading 1 by 1
Organizing large groups of 700 IRs and how to quickly audition them . and mix
also to see the magic settings in the Amp cab page and cab block

I'm still struggling with acheiving the optimal Recto sound with either Recto 1 or 2 Modern. I've read a trillion things about different Master Volume levels and such. I'm starting to think that maybe I should just post some clips here in the forum and explain what I'm doing and people can critique/berate my guitar tones. :p
Okay I'll discuss the Recto sound since I'm very familiar with it. I definitely have my special tricks for it.

This is Awesome guys .would love to see how to convert IR's in a group instead of loading 1 by 1
Organizing large groups of 700 IRs and how to quickly audition them . and mix
also to see the magic settings in the Amp cab page and cab block
Chris actually has nice tutorials explaining at least some of this. We will use Cab-Lab and Axe-Edit a lot so you'll see how we do it.

Speaker page was on the list. I'm also adding Cab Block settings!

HI , it would be great to share some tips for live settings (EQ tips or cabs that work the best for this use) I already use some of your older Cab packs and plan to buy the Cab pack 13.

I think this is the subject that must of the axe users struggle when playing live.

Thanks ¡
Live sound is a complicated topic. I might discuss it shortly but there's no simple answer since every venue and PA is different. I follow the same principles for recording and live. I assume most people are talking about hearing themselves = monitoring. I'm concentrating more on what the crowd hears. It's more of a talk rather than tweak tutorial but I might talk about it. :)

Can't wait to see what y'all have planned! From my standpoint, I'd be really excited to hear about some strategies for attacking various tones with single coil pickups. I love the sounds you get on your EP, Mikko, but I don't think the church where I play would enjoy them as much as I do. :) Every time I'm scheduled, I really *want* to play my strat - but I find myself gravitating back to my PRS just because I'm more confident dialing in tones with those humbuckers and without a drive block.

Can't wait to see what y'all have planned! From my standpoint, I'd be really excited to hear about some strategies for attacking various tones with single coil pickups. I love the sounds you get on your EP, Mikko, but I don't think the church where I play would enjoy them as much as I do. :) Every time I'm scheduled, I really *want* to play my strat - but I find myself gravitating back to my PRS just because I'm more confident dialing in tones with those humbuckers and without a drive block.
If Chris has a Strat or Tele I'll definitely go through setting up a proper single coil sound.

Great news! I'm excited. I bought Cab Pack 20 last week (thanks to Rocco's ridiculous "Unchained" video which has changed my life re amp settings and cabs).. I'm sure i'll add more to this list, but off the top of my head I'd love to see a little segment dedicated to Cab Lab workflow with a gazillion IR files and any tips from ML ;)

Great news! I'm excited. I bought Cab Pack 20 last week (thanks to Rocco's ridiculous "Unchained" video which has changed my life re amp settings and cabs).. I'm sure i'll add more to this list, but off the top of my head I'd love to see a little segment dedicated to Cab Lab workflow with a gazillion IR files and any tips from ML ;)
That's definitely on the list. I think I can go through the most common use cases.

1. Using single mic IR's
2. Creating your own mixes
3. Getting quick results with the Ace folder
4. Going through a huge amount of IR's fast and efficiently

Back
Top Bottom