Join the AxeFxTutorials & ML Sound Lab Twitch stream!!

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
If you guys haven't checked out @Chris@AxeFxTutorials live Twitch streams you've been missing out. That's like a live TV show on the internet discussing the Axe-Fx but not only that since it's interactive and you can join the conversation in real time.

Here it is:

(Be sure to create a Twitch account to join the live chat. You might want to create one beforehand so you're set once we start streaming.)

I will be visiting Chris in Hawaii on Tuesday the 15th of December and we'll do a Q&A/Tutorial/Tweak guide/IR guide/Whatever you guys want us to do type of session. We'll be starting the session around 10am (UTC-10:00) so people in Europe are still capable of joining the stream and interacting with us. That's 21:00 in Germany and 8pm in UK. Noon on the West Coast. 3pm on the East Coast. We'll probably start a bit early and inform you guys when we're online so be sure to follow our social media channels!

Remember to call in sick to work. This is more important.

The stream will be available on YouTube later for those who can't make it but obviously we wish to see as many of you joining the live stream as possible and interacting with us to get all your specific and detailed questions answered. I'm sure once I start tweaking and doing "my thing" you'll have questions like "why did you do that" and I hope I'm able to help you guys achieve better tones as a result.

This thread is the perfect place for you to request topics you think we should go through so don't be afraid to ask for whatever you're struggling with.

Our goal for this is to make everyone feel like it's really easy and fast to create incredible tones with the Axe-Fx.

Last but not least make sure to FOLLOW THIS THREAD (click "Watch Thread" on top of this post or post a question or... ) for possible news and changes regarding this Twitch stream.

Thank you guys and let's have fun!

Cheerio,
@ML SOUND LAB & @Chris@AxeFxTutorials

That's really cool. And I already have a request. :) Not sure how possible it is due to variations. But here it goes.

We all know how important IRs are, and Cliff has stated back in fw12 he figured out the missing piece of the puzzle which is located in the speaker tab. And you know yourself CK, how Important the speaker tab can be.

So my request would be how can we figure out the most accurate way to either measure IRs or figure out these frequencies. For more accurate results.

Awesome!! Already planning in my sick leave!!

Thanks for doing this guys! :) :)
No problem chucma! I hope this can help the Axe-Fx community in a completely new way. My approach is very simplistic, yet people ask me complicated questions about tweaking. Doing as much as possible with as little as possible will be the emphasis for me.

That's really cool. And I already have a request. :) Not sure how possible it is due to variations. But here it goes.

We all know how important IRs are, and Cliff has stated back in fw12 he figured out the missing piece of the puzzle which is located in the speaker tab. And you know yourself CK, how Important the speaker tab can be.

So my request would be how can we figure out the most accurate way to either measure IRs or figure out these frequencies. For more accurate results.
Good question! This is something that people misunderstand in many ways. I'll try and discuss this and hopefully give you some hints on how to tweak it.

Good question! This is something that people misunderstand in many ways. I'll try and discuss this and hopefully give you some hints on how to tweak it.
That would be awesome!!

I have ozone 5 so I could get the bass frequency, but the other two parameters no idea where to go. Doing it by ear is fine, but somehow I feel missing the mark could have me loosing something that makes the amp/cab special to begin with.

I also noticed when you did it for the mesa (which BTW I use for all my mk models ;) thanks for that!!) I see you didnt touch the high end parameters. So any and all info you have or would be willing to show would be very appreciated!! Thanks!!

That would be awesome!!

I have ozone 5 so I could get the bass frequency, but the other two parameters no idea where to go. Doing it by ear is fine, but somehow I feel missing the mark could have me loosing something that makes the amp/cab special to begin with.

I also noticed when you did it for the mesa (which BTW I use for all my mk models ;) thanks for that!!) I see you didnt touch the high end parameters. So any and all info you have or would be willing to show would be very appreciated!! Thanks!!
Exactly. The high end parameters are IMO better left untouched. They are really close if not perfect. The low end frequency however changes a lot depending on which cab you're using. I suggest you read Cliff's thread about it: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/about-matching-your-cabinets-resonant-frequency.79816/

But sure I use Ozone match EQ and loop a riff through the real amp and tweak until I get a flat line. It's the hard way to do it but it yields best end results.

Thanks a lot guys for you effort. I would just be happy to see how you both build your presets for:
a) live use (let's say rehearsal)
b) recording
and which parameters do you tweak first, if it's possible. I think that's a logical starting point which will certainly raise more questions from the participants side.

Thank you. See you then.

Thanks a lot guys for you effort. I would just be happy to see how you both build your presets for:
a) live use (let's say rehearsal)
b) recording
and which parameters do you tweak first, if it's possible. I think that's a logical starting point which will certainly raise more questions from the participants side.

Thank you. See you then.
This is definitely going on the list!

Bummer, I fly back from Seattle that day. I guess I'll check the youtube after the fact. or Maybe I pay for the internet service on the plane, man I'm such a nerd.

I'm still struggling with acheiving the optimal Recto sound with either Recto 1 or 2 Modern. I've read a trillion things about different Master Volume levels and such. I'm starting to think that maybe I should just post some clips here in the forum and explain what I'm doing and people can critique/berate my guitar tones. :p

"ML SOUND LAB, post:"]Exactly. The high end parameters are IMO better left untouched. They are really close if not perfect. The low end frequency however changes a lot depending on which cab you're using. I suggest you read Cliff's thread about it: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/about-matching-your-cabinets-resonant-frequency.79816/

But sure I use Ozone match EQ and loop a riff through the real amp and tweak until I get a flat line. It's the hard way to do it but it yields best end results.

What I meant by amp/cab was the aftermarket IRs, not a real cab. I've read his other post about it but this seems to be something that gets briefly talked about and forgotten. IMO, not enough info or attention goes into such an important part of amp/cab and how they react to one another.

Anyway, whatever you think will help, I'll be all ears. :)

Back
Top Bottom