Join the AxeFxTutorials & ML Sound Lab Twitch stream!!

Thanks to all who watched the stream. We had fun doing it and I definitely learned a bunch! Mikko is a cool guy ;) He and I could honestly talk about the axe all day, but we tried to keep it as on-topic as possible.... Until that djent request hahaha!

I'll work on editing the video down soon, but for now the entire stream can be rewatched in this video:

Thanks to Mikko for reaching out and making this happen!

Last edited:
I c
Thanks to all who watched the stream. We had fun doing it and I definitely learned a bunch! Mikko is a cool guy ;) He and I could honestly talk about the axe all day, but we tried to keep it as on-topic as possible.... Until that djent request hahaha!

I'll work on editing the video down soon, but for now the entire stream can be rewatched on my channel at twitch.tv/axefxtutorials

Thanks to Mikko for reaching out and making this happen!

I can't find the stream on there. Did you take down?

Awesome stuff, great work and much appreciated. (Way more important than that pesky "work stuff" I missed out on while watching.)

Learned a lot and I really appreciate that you borrowed a strat, Chris. Great tip too, Mikko, using octaves to balance out lows, mids and highs. Gonna put that (and a bunch of other stuff) to work right away.

missed the live stream but watched the whole thing on utube :) great work guys (I'm definitely gonna try the octave thing you did for balancing tones, I've never even thought about it!)
That's awesome Rocco! Yeah I feel like it's really easy to balance the amp EQ that way. I usually want my bass and treble just a little bit higher than middle and presence. A small middle scoop is okay and presence can easily hurt on some speakers so it's just a safe bet to leave a bit lower.

So what I do is start with treble and bass and f.ex. 5th fret on both E strings. Balance those two. Then I'll compare the 7th fret on the D string with the low E string (A octave) and set the middle to where they're pretty much balanced. Here it's safer to have the lower note be higher. Then I use the presence knob to balance the D string and higher E string. Use the presence to raise the volume of the high E string essentially. :)

Geeky but it usually works great. :)

We completely forgot about explaining what an Orange is supposed to sound like. Someone was asking for that. Well here are some clips I've recorded with real Orange heads through an Orange 4x12 cab with just a single SM57:

That's the Thunderverb (which we don't have in the Axe-Fx) and a Rockerverb 100 MKII (we have the Rockerverb 50 in the Axe-Fx).

This is the last recording of the Rockerverb I did before selling it. I did it so I could tone match it to get "the sound of my Orange rig":

Back
Top Bottom