Join the AxeFxTutorials & ML Sound Lab Twitch stream!!

Okay I'll discuss the Recto sound since I'm very familiar with it. I definitely have my special tricks for it.

This sounds very interesting to me. IIRC, you're also a fan of the Mesa Mark Series amps -- I'd love to hear more classic settings there too, especially anything more liquid/singing, as opposed to heavy/chugging. You have a great ear, and I'd love to hear how you dial those amps.

That's definitely on the list. I think I can go through the most common use cases.

1. Using single mic IR's
2. Creating your own mixes
3. Getting quick results with the Ace folder
4. Going through a huge amount of IR's fast and efficiently

This sounds great! I've seen the video's that you've both done on mixing IR's in the past and, while they've been really good, I think what I've been missing is some explanation of your thought process when you're creating the mix...i.e. why you choose the particular IR's you do, while we watch you do it. To have a running commentary, "I like this mic combination for the bottom end, now I'm looking for something with punchy mids" etc would really illuminate the process for me. Like some of the other posters here I'm awash in a sea of IR's!

Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
I'm a axefx noob so pleased that someone would be so generous to share the wealth of knowledge on this gear - love the community and the product.

I've watched most almost all the vids/tutorials on YouTube-can't wait!

Last edited:
This sounds great! I've seen the video's that you've both done on mixing IR's in the past and, while they've been really good, I think what I've been missing is some explanation of your thought process when you're creating the mix...i.e. why you choose the particular IR's you do, while we watch you do it. To have a running commentary, "I like this mic combination for the bottom end, now I'm looking for something with punchy mids" etc would really illuminate the process for me. Like some of the other posters here I'm awash in a sea of IR's!

Looking forward to it!
Sure I'll try to explain my choices. Usually it might be a simple "I like the feel/sound" type of thing. I'll definitely try and explain what I'm doing.

This sounds very interesting to me. IIRC, you're also a fan of the Mesa Mark Series amps -- I'd love to hear more classic settings there too, especially anything more liquid/singing, as opposed to heavy/chugging. You have a great ear, and I'd love to hear how you dial those amps.
Sure I can try. I'm not completely what you mean with "more classic settings". I'm trying to think about non-metal Mark series guitarists and all I can come up with is Santana with the Mark I. :) Help me out! I'll see what I can do.

I'll tune in.
It's been a while since last time I visited the chat... Since Chris moved from Kiwiirc to Twitch.
Sounds interesting!

I'll tune in.
It's been a while since last time I visited the chat... Since Chris moved from Kiwiirc to Twitch.
Sounds interesting!
Definitely come hang out with us. It will be geeky but oh so fun! :) And you might learn a few tricks. I know I do when ever I'm watching someone else use their Axe-Fx.

Yeah, I was usually in the chat chillin' with Chris, Selta and others in the early days.
I'm sure it will be cool.

You know, the best place to be in Hawaii is locked in Chris's room... White sand, crystal sea water, awesome women... That doesn't matter :p

Yeah, I was usually in the chat chillin' with Chris, Selta and others in the early days.
I'm sure it will be cool.

You know, the best place to be in Hawaii is locked in Chris's room... White sand, crystal sea water, awesome women... That doesn't matter :p
Hahahahahaha! You know, I haven't touched let alone seen an Axe-Fx in two months now. I'm looking forward to not only seeing an Axe-Fx but being able to play an electric guitar through an awesome setup and maybe even other Fractal toys while at it. :D

I have an awesome woman with me! ;) I've spent the last 6 weeks on white sand and crystal sea water. Currently staying @BondiBeach. Now it's time for some Fractal geekery. :cool:

That's great news Chris. :D

Okay everyone this Twitch session will be tomorrow/the day after depending on where you live. The most important thing is that you show up on Twitch and make a free account so you can comment in the chat window and be a part of the interactive experience.

That being said now is your last chance to comment on more complicated things you want discussed. So far through the feedback we've received it looks like this:

-Mesa amps: Recto and Mark IV how-to
-Single coil tones how-to
-Speaker tab tips and tricks
-Building presets for live use and studio use
-Cab-Lab 3 how-to
1. Using single mic IR's
2. Creating your own mixes
3. Getting quick results with the Ace folder
4. Going through a huge amount of IR's fast and efficiently
5. Quick IR auditioning
-How certain amp sims are "supposed to sound like"

I want to thank everyone for the requests and please give us more topics if you have any ideas. This is a one time thing.

Check the first post for more details on the timing. The broadcast is on Tuesday!

Back
Top Bottom