Johnny Marr Jaguar + Prince Tone = BLISS

Burgs

Power User
FW18 has raised the bar all over the shop. Particularly noticeable and being enjoyed immensely by yours truly are the Fender models. Here's my take on the Princeton (Prince Tone), teamed with a Johnny Marr Jag.

If you like what you hear and wish to try it yourself, please download the preset from Axe-Change - Download Preset - Burg PrinceJag - by Burgs

Note: The wah is on/off controlled by External 2 (Mission EXP).

Bliss indeed! Single coil goodness - the character of the guitar really comes through. Great demo, really enjoyed that & will try the patch.

another great demo, burgs!

there's nothing more satisfying than finding a new amp that works just great with your guitar and building up a complete patch with tons of great sounds in it. love it.

Bliss indeed! Single coil goodness - the character of the guitar really comes through. Great demo, really enjoyed that & will try the patch.

Thanks! I hope my patch works for you. If you find ways to improve it, please let us know. Cheers. :)

another great demo, burgs!

there's nothing more satisfying than finding a new amp that works just great with your guitar and building up a complete patch with tons of great sounds in it. love it.

Thank you, Great One! I love that there's almost a bottomless pit of fun to be had with this machine. Thanks FAS!

Burgs!!!! ... I remember you YT test of the Hiwatt SA212... so... thake a look to my sign!!! :lol

Yeah, that's it. I love that HIWATT. I don't think I could ever sell it. I stopped using it for a bit because they are a little expensive and therefore wasn't in the common user's realm - hence the switch to Laney. However, I think it's high time I started using it again, because it sounds amazing. Cheers.

,great playing and great tones. Love it and look forward to seeing more of your demos

Thank you. There are plenty more to come, too. I can't control my tendencies that drive my serial demoism. :)

Chalk up another killer demo. So you glad you were finally able to get your hands on an Axe FX.

Great stuff, Burgs.

Got a JM Jag question - I've tried a couple of used ones here and they both suffer from the low E string falling off the neck when you get high up the fretboard. Is that just 'how it is' with these guitars?

Thanks for all the awesome reviews, patches and posts, mate.

Great stuff, Burgs.

Got a JM Jag question - I've tried a couple of used ones here and they both suffer from the low E string falling off the neck when you get high up the fretboard. Is that just 'how it is' with these guitars?

Thanks for all the awesome reviews, patches and posts, mate.

Hi Richard. Firstly, thanks for the kind and encouraging words re my Youtube adventures. I appreciate them greatly.

The JM Jag I have here seems to be aligned beautifully. I have not modded it at all and although I wouldn't use it to play lead or big bendy blues stuff much, it does have enough clearance to do so if I wanted to. As you can see, I've attached a fairly accurate picture taken just now of said guitar so you can compare.

Cheers,

B

Burg---JM-fretboard.jpg

Thanks for that, Burgs.

I've been Jonesing for one for a while - mainly your fault, actually - but was disappointed with the setup on both of the guitars I found here. I'll give them another go when I can.

I have one and had to cut another slot in the bridge to compensate. My issue though was with the high e (1st string) being too close to the edge so it was a minimal adjustment as opposed to cutting a new slot for the larger low e string.

I imagine a good tech could align the neck better butIi have had no issues with the simple mod I did myself. It's a really fun guitar to play and I love the mods JM made to the Jag.

...back to the topic of the OP. Great playing Burgs. Always goodness from you!

Last edited:
Great video! And I'm loving all your other YT vids, it's always nice to find a whole library of stuff that I never knew was there before.

Thanks for all the great info candy! :)

Hi Richard. Firstly, thanks for the kind and encouraging words re my Youtube adventures. I appreciate them greatly.

The JM Jag I have here seems to be aligned beautifully. I have not modded it at all and although I wouldn't use it to play lead or big bendy blues stuff much, it does have enough clearance to do so if I wanted to. As you can see, I've attached a fairly accurate picture taken just now of said guitar so you can compare.

Cheers,

B

View attachment 25111

Just going by this picture, compared to the high E the low E looks like right on the fret edge, where the high E appears to at least have a couple of millimeters to the fret edge. May be a perspective issue.

Back
Top Bottom