John Petrucci's Tone Secrets - 7 Milliseconds Secret Sauce!

I followed this video through and made the same preset.
With a Music Man Axis Super Sport guitar it sounds absolutely great and it's a tone I've been seeking for a while now, so thank you very much for this.

Last edited:
The enhancer block in classic mode does exactly this. The width parameter adjusts a 0 to 20 ms delay on the right channel. Set it to 35% for 7ms. Adjust the Balance parameter to adjust the level between the two channels as needed.

Edit: Weirdly, after doing a bit of testing it seems that despite it saying that the right channel is the one that is delayed in the manual, it is actually the left channel that is delayed in the classic mode of the enhancer block. You can flip the resulting stereo image by setting Left Pan fully right and Right pan fully left in the Enhancer block if you need.

Last edited:
I followed this video through and made the same preset.
With a Music Man Axis Super Sport guitar it sounds absolutely great and it's a tone I've been seeking for a while now, so thank you very much for this.

Thanks a lot man! I am glad the tone sounds good for you!

The enhancer block in classic mode does exactly this. The width parameter adjusts a 0 to 20 ms delay on the right channel. Set it to 35% for 7ms. Adjust the Balance parameter to adjust the level between the two channels as needed.

Edit: Weirdly, after doing a bit of testing it seems that despite it saying that the right channel is the one that is delayed in the manual, it is actually the left channel that is delayed in the classic mode of the enhancer block. You can flip the resulting stereo image by setting Left Pan fully right and Right pan fully left in the Enhancer block if you need.

Yes, I am aware of this one as well. Just different ways to do it I think. Did not know the 35% thing though so thank fo that. Wanted to keep the video short and easy for everyone. Hope you enjoyed it. Thanks again for your feedback.

we need to start a go fund me so we can get you and Axe Fx 3 so you can make those beautiful tone for the axe 3

Thanks a lot man! I am glad the tone sounds good for you!

Yes, I am aware of this one as well. Just different ways to do it I think. Did not know the 35% thing though so thank fo that. Wanted to keep the video short and easy for everyone. Hope you enjoyed it. Thanks again for your feedback.

we need to start a go fund me so we can get you and Axe Fx 3 so you can make those beautiful tone for the axe 3

That's a really kind thought brother. Thank you so much! Btw, have you tried converting these tones to the Axe FX 3 using the FracTool? Do they convert fine? Always wanted to know. Cheers!

Is this tone available to download?
Sorry, this one's pretty much in the video and I do cover every block so that everyone can dial it in, I should have mentioned that I meant about the presets for the ToneQuest series, they are all on the Axe Change.

No, just follow the video and dial it in.
Thank you.

Will this work for the III as well?

Yes, it should work, the blocks are pretty much the same.

Back
Top Bottom