John Petrucci - "Terminal Velocity"

Pretty good interview on Ola Englund's channel today:

He gives some good tips for dialing in the JPIIC+

Last edited:
I'm about to give it a spin now that i'm in front of my monitors. Just before sleep I had to listen to "Gemini" just to be sure I was hoping right for it to be that song from 1995, derived from the "Example 31" from Rock Discipline... So good to have that song properly (and dare to say "beautifully") recorded now, JP didn't let me down on this. 🤟

I'm about to give it a spin now that i'm in front of my monitors. Just before sleep I had to listen to "Gemini" just to be sure I was hoping right for it to be that song from 1995, derived from the "Example 31" from Rock Discipline... So good to have that song properly (and dare to say "beautifully") recorded now, JP didn't let me down on this. 🤟

Wait, Example 31 was turned into a full song? That was my favorite. I listened to Gemini earlier and remembered that from the Rock Discipline intro.

So stoked to hear this on an album! Reminded me of sophomore year in high school and watching Rock Discipline on repeat. I think I had a NAMM performance of it I found on Napster back then.

Wait, Example 31 was turned into a full song? That was my favorite. I listened to Gemini earlier and remembered that from the Rock Discipline intro.

It's not the Example 31 song; it's the one during the chapter interludes with the fast jumping 16th notes (see 7:05, etc. in Rock Discipline).

Great tune! But that 31 one was always my fave, too!!

Great stuff. I bought the album on iTunes ad I’m digging it.
Do you still call it an album?

Back
Top Bottom