John Petrucci - "Terminal Velocity"

Now that's what I call a teaser. Huge buildup and a cliff hanger in the end.

Damn. His first solo album had the best tone ever. I'd love to own a Road King one day or even to have it in the Axe.

Couldn't agree more. However, I was also under the impression that the solo album was Road King, but in this video JP confirms it was actually Mark IIC+ on the album:

Darn, I can't believe I missed that - it was at the Guitar sanctuary - I live like 12 minutes away from that place.

That isolated As I Am riff had the best tone of the bunch IMO.

Mike Portnoy!? This will ruffle a few feathers.

Portnoy? That's both crazy and not surprising since everyone in DT has reconciled with Portnoy other than Labrie. I feel bad for Labrie though...I have a feeling if the band wouldn't have done 3 hour "An Evening With" world tours for years maybe his voice wouldn't be wrecked to hell like it is now.

Also, bring on Liquid Tension Experiment 3.

Massive JP fan here: TBH the song didn't hooked me at first like the ones from Suspended Animation did back in '05. I guess I need more spins to grab it, I still have lots of hype for this record, tho.

This is very good. JP's still got it. Great tone too. Calling that a "music video" is a bit generous IMO. :)

The tone is simply amazing, the tune though well, most known JP chops (which is not bad) but it didn't knock me out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom