John Petrucci playing his Axe FX Ultra backstage???

It's official then.

The best power amp is a Mesa Boogie Recto 2:100. Suitable for backstage practicing and blowing out bedroom windows.

I was at that show. Despite their joking they were definitely ready.

GuitarDojo said:
The rumors are now fact! Wow!

I can confirm Petrucci has the Axe-fx on tour and Dweezil has been assisting him in the learning its functions. Apparently he likes it a lot.

Just to say that the man who shot the video is Jordan Rudess, Dream Theater keyboard player....

I'm glad we didn't have to hear James warming up... assuming the wide vibratoo, occasionally flat notes, and the odd way he pronounces certain things are practiced ...

Sorry, you can tell I'm a huge fan of his. :)

Love Petrucci though, especially when he slows down a bit and plays melodically. :)
I finally got around to playing one of his signature model guitars a few weeks ago, and it was soooo comfortable, light, etc. Great neck!

JMZ93 said:
I'm glad we didn't have to hear James warming up... assuming the wide vibratoo, occasionally flat notes, and the odd way he pronounces certain things are practiced ...

Love Petrucci though, especially when he slows down a bit and plays melodically. :)
I finally got around to playing one of his signature model guitars a few weeks ago, and it was soooo comfortable, light, etc. Great neck!

Funny you mention his sig model cause after much delay on my part I finally bought a JP6. It's in Carbon Blue Pearl with matching headstock and Piezo option. No inlays though. I think they're ugly!

niebla said:
Cool!

Must have..... Petrucci patches.... :twisted:

Hola Niebla,

Maybe he is interested in our patches, because he's an Axe-FX newbee :lol:

The world is reversed. Now the stars are copying our gear ha ha ha :twisted:

sgb said:
JMZ93 said:

Funny you mention his sig model cause after much delay on my part I finally bought a JP6. It's in Carbon Blue Pearl with matching headstock and Piezo option. No inlays though. I think they're ugly!

I used to have the Mystic Dream one. Great sounding guitar, played great, comfortable. But, I could never get used to the tight frets up high.

Piing said:

Sigh... I suppose if you want to send JP over to my house, I'll spend some time showing him how to program it :roll: . I should probably show him how to play fast while I'm at it :lol:

InsideOut said:
Piing said:

Sigh... I suppose if you want to send JP over to my house, I'll spend some time showing him how to program it :roll: . I should probably show him how to play fast while I'm at it :lol:

You forget he's on tour w/ Dweezil, I'm sure he is giving him some pointers :lol:

www.Fo.com said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk3JVMIBs-s

In this vid you can see Jordan's Axe-Fx. Upper left corner. Judging by the input level meter he might be using it in that video.

Very cool! I wonder if he's using a JP patch. :D

I wonder how much of an impact Paul and I had when we told him how great the Axe-FX was ;) That was a couple of months ago when we supported Dream Theater on a couple of shows with Cynic.

Back
Top Bottom