John Petrucci interview discussing the use of his Axe-Fx III

I think for vintage tube amps, those are not going to go down, they're going to go up, they are going up. They are valued by players who own FAS and Kemper etc, and people who would never use such things, and collectors. Contemporary tube amps, perhaps, though I have a few, I have no affinity for them, they feel rather pointless (outside of maybe really boutique stuff). For me its AFX3 + vintage tube. Sorry but a Marshall 2150 (JMP 2203 combo) is never touchable. It is its own beast, no need to hunt that down in digital (for me at least).

I love my FM3 too, but there's still nothing like playing a real amp. It's not the same experience and it doesn't have to be. FM3/Axe is awesome at being what it is - it's absolutely incredible - but it's not a reason to never use tube amps again. Having one doesn't mean you have to lose the other.
This. I love my fractal gear and always will but I also love tube amps. They both have their place and function and there’s no reason you can’t enjoy/use both.

Back
Top Bottom