ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
All Cab Packs in the Fractal Audio Systems Cab Pack Store have now been converted to UltraRes 2. As some of you may remember Cab Pack 7 is based on the Mesa™ 4x12 Recto® Traditional Straight Cab which is used by many people including John Petrucci. Back when that Cab Pack came out there were no Preset-Cab Bundles but I did create presets anyways that are dedicated to Petrucci esque sounds. Those presets however didn't work at all as intended after all the firmware changes that we've had in the past 1½ years so I thought I'd recreate the presets using the latest firmware and include them in the UltraRes 2 version. Here's how they sound:

Anyone who has already purchased Cab Pack 7 can now re-download the pack and get these new Preset-Cab Bundles:

ML Cause Of All Evil based on "Dream Theater - Root Of All Evil (Song)"
ML Chaotic Arrangements based on "Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos (Album)"
ML Charge Of Panic based on "Dream Theater - Panic Attack (Song)"
ML Chocolate Cake based on "Dream Theater - On The Backs Of Angels (Song)"
ML Chops Of Life based on "John Petrucci - Jaws Of Life (Song)"
ML Control based on "John Petrucci - Damage Control (Song)"

Have fun! :) And as always, presets are not going to work identically on different guitars and players hands so fine tune the gain and brightness to fit you. The IR's will do the rest.

Last edited:
Thanks Mikko, is Cab Pack 16 + 23 also now converted to UR2 or where they already UR2? Also do you know if also the FAS own Cab Packs have been converted now to UR 2 and can be downloaded now?

Last edited:
I've got the same questions as everyone else RE: past cab pack purchases being updated, but...

I just tried Chocolate, Chaos, and Chops and they're excellent starting points. I'm going to have a lot of fun with these this weekend!

All packs are now UltraRes 2. If you've purchased these packs before you can log in to the Fractal Store with your accound and re-download them.

Back
Top Bottom