John Mayer uses AxeFx

Chris17

As described on the Artist page, John Mayer is said to be using AxeFx.
However, a look at his set from the current 2022 tour shows that the AxeFx is not listed.
Does anyone have more detailed information?

For me personally, I can't see why it would matter if he used one or not as I don't think copying any artist is going to make me as good a player as them.

Pick up your instrument, plug it into something and see if it works for you. If it doesn't, plug into something else.

As described on the Artist page, John Mayer is said to be using AxeFx.
However, a look at his set from the current 2022 tour shows that the AxeFx is not listed.
Does anyone have more detailed information?
John Mayer also has several PRS models, Fender models stomp boxes and doesn't use half of them on gigs either.

It is one tool. Most players such as JM don't "swear allegiance" to a brand, only, and never play or use something else. It may come across like this way, but that is usually marketing and not a players real attitude toward different products. You might walk into a player's studio and see an AF and a Helix and a selection of amps and a Quad Cortex. It becomes more of a bed of flowers that are selected or picked more, rather than the black and white mentality of this is great and that sucks.

Just because you use something doesn’t mean you ONLY use that thing.

You could say I use a Supro Delta King, and I do and it sounds great, but likely if I was doing a shoe somewhere I would not have one on stage.

Back
Top Bottom