John Mayer tone request

jhuggins

Inspired
Like him or not the guys got great tone, im trying to match his general dumble/two rock live sounds from his live album where the light is. Anyone mess around trying to come up with his tone yet? I searched the forum and didn't find anything

Try this.I tried to "copy" the sound of my friend's CRS combo and my CRS head.It sounds pretty close to me.
Ed

Attachments

• 019 - Two-Rock Combo.zip
    502 bytes · Views: 299
  • 020 - Two-Rock Combo.zip
    510 bytes · Views: 370
What is your setup?
I'm running axe into vht 252 and marshall 4x12, still i'm using cab sims,but that's what works for me :) .

Wow! Those are some great sounding patches! Thanks for sharing!

Is the cab sim the only difference between the two, or am I missing something?

Ooooh! I'm looking forward to trying these out. Mayer is an incredible player with some awesome tones too.

Cheers!

I downloaded the patches to try out, but they sound really buzzy to me and harsh, am i missing something? Im going FRFR

screamtone said:
Wow! Those are some great sounding patches! Thanks for sharing!

Is the cab sim the only difference between the two, or am I missing something?

Hmmm... :? i guess I have the cabs off,...like i said, it sounds pretty close through my 4x12.
020 patch has more gain to it, 019 i use it with volume slightly turned down for rhythm and blues stuff.
I doesn't necessary mean that those are JM tones, but they do match the tone of Two-Rock Custom Reverb Signature(i call it combo,cause it sounds like my buddy's CRS combo :), i also own head version v2 serial #1 :cool: )
So this could be your starting point to get JM tone,but most of it it's in his hands, the guy has incredible filling and timing ;)

Back
Top Bottom