FM9 John Mayer Sob Rock Dual Amp Preset Tutorial

Hello
Fantastic tutorial, great tone. Thanks for your work!

I have one doubt. You place both amps in a stereo pan on the far left and right channels (Balance value for amps -100 and 100). Same for both IRs in the Cab block. However, the Input for the CAB block is set to Sum L+R, which basically eliminates the pan effect for amplifiers.

2022-12-06 104613.jpg

Is this the intended action? Should the Input for the CAB be set to Stereo to maintain the amplifier+IR separation for canal R and L?

Hello
Fantastic tutorial, great tone. Thanks for your work!

I have one doubt. You place both amps in a stereo pan on the far left and right channels (Balance value for amps -100 and 100). Same for both IRs in the Cab block. However, the Input for the CAB block is set to Sum L+R, which basically eliminates the pan effect for amplifiers.

View attachment 112290

Is this the intended action? Should the Input for the CAB be set to Stereo to maintain the amplifier+IR separation for canal R and L?
Yeah I did this on purpose playing through headphones. Setting it to stereo, they don’t balance 100%, and that bugged me. In a live setting I would switch it. But I guess you can say it’s a dual mono type of setup. The panning helped my cans not to be overloaded and clip.

Back
Top Bottom