AFIII John Mayer - "I Guess I Just Feel Like" solo cover

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
And now for something completely different. Today I heard this new song “I Guess I Just Feel Like” by John Mayer, it has a beautiful, melodic solo, definitely not like what I’ve been posting lately haha, but super tasty! I figured I’d learn it and do a quick cover. Used my Axe-Fx III and my Suhr Modern into Logic, I had to just record over the actual track as it just came out today, so my guitar is clearly louder. I made a quick patch after tweaking the original gilmour patch, I'll attach it below if you're interested. Using the latest firmware 3.02 beta.

Attachments

• Mayer I guess I just feel.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I’m looking forward to trying that preset out. This new Mayer track is gorgeous. The outro solo has some serious Knopfler vibes to it.
Yeah it’s a beautiful song! I prefer the first solo in this one, I like the tone more, but his phrasing is just great on them both!

Here's the guitar only minus the track so you can hear my attempt at a Mayer-esque tone. Wasn't going for a tone match or anything, this is what I ended up with after twisting some virtual knobs.

I like him as the new Jerry Garcia....he seems to enjoy it too.......
I've warmed considerably to D&C with Mayer. I thought the summer tour was great as was Mexico. Once he shed the ego and really immersed himself in what it meant to be filling that spot in that band he really hit his stride. The guy is massively talented.

Edit: I'm really happy his new track is more guitar-centric. The pop stuff with all the keys wasn't my jam. This is the Mayer I really enjoy listening to.

Back
Top Bottom