John Mayer has a Kemper but no Fractal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no opinion on John Mayer myself, but to what you just said, I disagree. If somebody has a negative opinion on a person who won 7 grammy's, that does not make them labeled as a jealous person. People are allowed to have different interests and like and dislike what they want, that doesn't mean they are jealous. That's like saying if you go see a movie in the theatre and you don't like it, you are jealous you didn't make a movie. I don't care for Justin Beiber or his music at all. The kid's done some really stupid stuff. Does that make me jealous? No. It makes me a human being with an opinion of some other human being.

Well jealous might've been the wrong word to use but... you know... bashing successful musicians does give me a ring of jealousy for sure. Something along the lines of "he doesn't deserve it" which is BS since you don't know the struggle they've gone through. Anyone who's been in the game realizes all the hard work that bands like Nickelback and even Justin Bieber have gone through to be the people they are and make living with music. It wouldn't be jealousy if you just go "hmm.. not my thing" but saying that someone is (quote) "extremely overrated" is something else. Everyone is entitled to an opinion though and this is mine. :)

John Mayer is a master, and this is words from the mouth of a master:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzfrXiD1_Rg

:)

I guess I can stop defending John Mayer after Clapton saying how it is. ;)

hes good at what he does,not my style.he has enough money he can buy a axe fx if he really wanted one

Personally, I've never been impressed by his guitar playing or songs. He's a great musician that is best suited for session work, IMHO. To me, there are too many underrated or underexposed guitar players out there doing some truly unique and inspiring work.

I saw a framer using a Makita saw; everyone knows the Skil Mag is the one to use.......

It's a tool; it's a means to an end. Whatever gets you to that inspirational space to make music that represents what you hear in your own head, is okay by me. Kemper, AFX, Marshall, Fender, Vox, Star, Bad Cat.... whatever.....

If he's open to the Kemper, no reason whatsoever why he should not at least give the Axe FX a fair shake.

It might encourage him if his sig model 2Rock is on the list to be modeled. lol

I perform a lot of John Mayer songs in my solo sets. I appreciate his music and what he's done to get more guitar and musicality into pop. I was never into ice bucket challenges, but I liked the message behind his.

Idiot? Hardly. He's a great guitar player and very good pop singer/song writer.

I've had the same said about me, great guitar player, very talented song writer, but I can still be an idiot sometimes.

Talent does not make you perfect, by any means.

I only came into this thread cause it's been at the top for a while now, and I wanted to see what was up. Not really a follower of his, but my cousin (a music producer) absolutely loves him, so there's something to the guy.

I've heard a few things of his, he sounds like any other blues guitarist, he just applies it to pop. Another example of "right place, right time." Talented, yes, but talent rarely has anything to do with fame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would stab my self before I bought , or even listened to , a Mayer album. But even though I'm not into his thing at all I have seen enough to know he can play.

He does know how good a klon is

To say JM isn't talented is a real stretch though.

He's a talented song writer "if he writes his own songs", but guitarist, he's just meh, let's see him play some Petrucci or Malmsteen, not going to happen... Either way, I stand by my assertion he's an average guitarist who has a nice setup, plays easy guitar parts and gets by on his music ability to write music "if that is him writing those songs" but the rest of him is a mess imho:)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom