John Cordy plays amps based on Dumbles

On his website, link is in the YT video description.

I haven't bought from John, but it looks on his site like he has one download, for £5, about which he says:
There is a link to save in your browser if you want to keep coming back for newer presets as they are added to the folder without purchasing again.
Downright reasonable.

He sounds so good, but somehow I'm not sure I'd sound like that even with his presets.

I haven't bought from John, but it looks on his site like he has one download, for £5, about which he says:
One download, but it's got 44 presets for the III/FM9 and 90+ presets for the FM3. Extremely reasonable.

Even some AX8 presets.

I enjoyed and preset examples. So much so that I plugged my AX8 in and tried out some of types of settings on some of the amps mentioned. It is something I am going to go back to (hopefully tomorrow) and see if I can find the gain sweet spot for my ears. I don't yet have a favourite amp model (from the Dumble types), but find all of them sounding incredible. As ever Fractal Audio nails amp models.

One download, but it's got 44 presets for the III/FM9 and 90+ presets for the FM3. Extremely reasonable.

Even some AX8 presets.
Yes reasonable, so I bought them, unusual for me..

However, and this is about ME, not the presets, but I tried the first maybe 5-10 of them, and NOT HIS FAULT, but none of them worked for me. That's including the Dumble collection that I loved with him playing. Tried my HH Collings with Throwbaks and my EJ strat, got nothing I'd keep even after tweaking.

I haven't tried anyone else's presets in quite a while, and this is why. They sound great with the maker's guitar(s) and hands, really great in this case, but not for me.

Last edited:
I have the same experience as you do Dave. Pretty rare that others presets work for me. Definitely just me, my rig, my playing.

Yes reasonable, so I bought them, unusual for me..

However, and this is about ME, not the presets, but I tried the first maybe 5-10 of them, and NOT HIS FAULT, but none of them worked for me. That's including the Dumble collection that I loved with him playing. Tried my HH Collings with Throwbaks and my EJ strat, got nothing I'd keep even after tweaking.

I haven't tried anyone else's presets in quite a while, and this is why. They sound great with the maker's guitar(s) and hands, really great in this case, but not for me.

I agree. Not very many presets created by others translate well into my system or playing style. However, I do get a wealth of knowledge by studying other people's presets. Many times I find a new way to do something, sometimes I learn what not to do. ;)

Back
Top Bottom