Joe satriani used axe fx II on new album!!!!!!!

sat 8th june 2013, o2 apollo, manchester uk. didn't see any axe fx on stage but the guy with the red guitar was pretty good.

joesatch.jpg

I know that he does a lot of pre production in his home studio and is no stranger to recording direct. So maybe it was used on the demos for the album and some of those sounds made the record.

As for his new album, as someone who was a huge fan in the late 80's/early 90's, he lost me for the last 2 decades for the most part. I think this is his best work in years from what I've heard of it.

hey musicianof1, maybe we have a similar ear when it comes to what we expect from joe. that gig i went to last night was my 3rd at that very same venue, the previous 2 were in the early to mid 1990's. then i remember crystal planet, then i don't remember much else, until last night, great show and a privilege to be there it was.

Well, since this thread respawned...

I've been listening to Shockwave Supernova a lot the past week. Any Axe-Fx on that one? Some really cool songs.. and guitar tones. Amps or otherwise.

I know that he does a lot of pre production in his home studio and is no stranger to recording direct. So maybe it was used on the demos for the album and some of those sounds made the record.

As for his new album, as someone who was a huge fan in the late 80's/early 90's, he lost me for the last 2 decades for the most part. I think this is his best work in years from what I've heard of it.

Strange Beautiful Music was the last time I really listened to him. I did enjoy crystal planet a lot though.

Back
Top Bottom