Joe Satriani spotted with an Axe Fx III

nicolasrivera

Fractal Fanatic
Joe is live at Tone Talk Show.

52101931916_f9098c9a33_h.jpg

Last edited:
I've been watching his latest round of interviews and before anyone gets too excited, he's not specifically using the Fractal, he seems to switch between a lot of different stuff so it's no surprise he's got one. His new album was mostly recorded with that sans amp plug in stuff.

I think he has been using FAS for years, effects only, tho.

There's a video of his live rig with an Axe-FX II in his side stage rack somewhere...

I see Joe's Marshall and AxeFx3 are turned On in this video, and all his guitars are on display perfectly facing the camera (and no guitars behind him).
I don't know, maybe he's trying to say something. :p

Also, lol, Dave.

In another interview somewhere, Joe mentions that he uses the Axe for reverb at home. Live, he was using it for effects. But he seems open to whatever gets him the tone he needs when it comes to recording. Great guitarist and seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Digital delay and reverb only. But hes already making people angry at the fact he used a sans amp plug in for his record.

Joe has used the Axe for a while now and he also tours with a few. the last record he recorded was done all with amp plugins no real amps. He kind of does his own thing now that he no longer is with Marshall.

I've been working with him this week and previously on the design for a new touring rig.
He loves the Axe-Fx and has also used it "uncredited" for recording guitar tones.
@Admin M@, do you have any sense of why the Axe would go "uncredited"? Is it just to enhance the mystery of how he sounds like he does, do you think? To preserve his freedom in seeking endorsements? He must know that the vast majority of his listeners are guitarists who would love to know how his rig is put together.

Back
Top Bottom